Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looney Tunes theatrical return

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Looney Tunes theatrical return

The famous Wile E. Coyote and Road Runner are appearing in three new shorts set to air in front of various upcoming films. In an attempt to bring the franchise into a post-cgi world, the shorts will be 3d animation. I'm a bit weary of the cgi update, but I suppose it could work....

Having met some kids that have no idea what LT is, I'm excited. And the 3D conversion looks spot on in the few photos provided. Too bad I'll most likely never see the films they're attached to.

Anyway....good to see these characters appearing on the big screen again. Hopefully this is WB testing the waters for some sort of feature.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Having met some kids that have no idea what LT is
    That's a crime

I've literally almost pissed myself watching those things.

I'm also excited about this.

They don't even give this stuff on tv anymore. However, they still give some Hanna Barbara on boomerang. It's not looney tunes but i still grew up with it.

Shit man, now you got me thinking about the old toons like Woody Woodpecker, chilly willy, heckle and jeckle and mighty mouse!

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    Shit man, now you got me thinking about the old toons like Woody Woodpecker, chilly willy, heckle and jeckle and mighty mouse!
    I wouldn't be surprised if we see adaptations of these soon. If Alvin & The Chipmunks, The Smurfs, and Yogi Bear are all "new", you know the rest will follow. I would like to give Yogi a chance as it's Dan Aykroyd, but it looks just as bad as Alvin was.

Hell....even Tin Tin is getting a movie from Spielberg!
    Last edited by bassman; 03-Aug-2010 at 02:52 AM.

United Kingdom
    Looney Tunes are fucking ace, I've got all the volumes of The Golden Collection. My kids love them.
    Kill 'em All

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    If that photo is from the upcoming short... the CG animation looks great. Love the reflection of The Roadrunner in Wile's Knife.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    If that photo is from the upcoming short... the CG animation looks great. Love the reflection of The Roadrunner in Wile's Knife.
    Good attention to detail. I had missed that.

But i guess to do what you do it's a requirement.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    That's a crime
    Isn't that the truth! I grew up on LT's. My wife, unfortunately, was a Disney nut and never got into Looney Toons, which I personally think should be considered a felony offense.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Isn't that the truth! I grew up on LT's. My wife, unfortunately, was a Disney nut and never got into Looney Toons, which I personally think should be considered a felony offense.

Yes they were the 2 factions back in the day. It was like coke and pepsi.

And Hanna Barbara was like RC cola.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    This is an idea I'm actually all for; I get the feeling they won't screw up and tarnish the original toons.

I'm thankful to have my siblings, whom are 5 & 6 and actually know/love Looney Tunes.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    In some cultures... that is a death sentence
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    In some cultures... that is a death sentence
    Or at the very least grounds for a divorce.

England
    Kids have no decent shows these days! Pretty much every program or cartoon aimed at kids is either trying to educate them or trying to push some message on to them about recycling, multiculturalism & global warming, what a load of crap!
    Lets hope these new Looney tunes efforts stick to the old formula & havent been watered down by political correctness!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Kids have no decent shows these days! Pretty much every program or cartoon aimed at kids is either trying to educate them or trying to push some message on to them about recycling, multiculturalism & global warming, what a load of crap!
    Lets hope these new Looney tunes efforts stick to the old formula & havent been watered down by political correctness!
    Yes!

Bring it back to characters being smashed by bolders, falling off cliffs and blowing themselves up with TNT I say!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Spongebob is the only current show that isn't half bad. My kid loves it and I can also get a good laugh or two per episode.

England
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Spongebob is the only current show that isn't half bad. My kid loves it and I can also get a good laugh or two per episode.
    Get 'em on this