Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you eat your Ramen?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

How do you eat your Ramen?

Post the way you cook it and any recipe's you use.

I don't break/smash up the block of noodles before putting it into the water. I boil water then drop the block in until it starts to seperate. In my empty bowl I dump in the seasoning packet (usually chicken), a few drops of worcestershire sauce, a few drops of hot sauce, some garlic powder, and some ground black pepper. I strain the noodles of 90% of their water then add them and water to the bowl and mix vigerously. Slightly spicy but good.

Sometimes I get weird and add in stuff that most people wouldn't imagine; IE: a dab of mayonaise, some horseradish sauce, some lemon, bacon bits, etc.

capncnut
    This has to be the oddest thread I've even seen in a zombie forum. Top notch!

United States

wow mike you're really into ramen

I like buying the cup of ramen its the easiest to make and it comes with its own bowl...

buttttt... if I have to buy the other kind I cook the noodles til they seperate while heating a seperate pot of water...when the noodles are cooked I strain them and toss out half of the noodles and (strange I know) add them to the other hot water and toss in the seasoning and add some steamed veggies and soy sauce ...sometimes i'll mix it up and only use half the packet of chicken seasonings and add some beef broth it gives it a better taste IMO ...

for something different you may wana add some minced ginger (if you do it yourself using a cheese grater remember to peel it first) ...it gives it a good oriental addition and add some spicy mustard sauce (the asian kind in the asian aisle of the supermarket is better than buying like dijon)...those together go well with chicken or beef and if you want some good texture add some scallions and bean sprouts ...neither need to be cooked before going into the soup but they give it more flavor
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Whoa you are a top notch chef when it comes to Ramen. I wasn't expecting any fancy recipe responses; pretty cool.

Comparing the way I make mine to the way you make yours is like comparing McDonalds to a place that doesn't even have cheeseburgers on their menu.

United States
    Try adding some precooked ground beef and BBQ sauce to your ramen. Great if you have left over taco meat.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

capncnut
    Sounds pretty f**kin' good Miss Jackson. Thanx for the tipz.

Kazakhstan
    boil em. + dark soy sauce and butter.

NOWT FANCY
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    I don't eat it as much as I used to (not that good for you) but when I do ...

I break it up so it can be ate with a spoon. I add one can of Chicken

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    add the noodles to boiling water, stir, leave for a bit then add a curry sauce of your preffered flavour, like a personalized pot noodle.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Question "How do you eat your Ramen?"

Answer, with a spork!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Question "How do you eat your Ramen?"

Answer, with a spork!

capncnut
    That was titter-tastic Deej.

United States
    like a normal person I guess..

United States

Yum

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    like a normal person I guess..
    It may sound odd, but add some cottage cheese to the finished noodles. It gives it a nice creamy texture.

United States
    Turns out I just ate some Ramen..beef flavor..mmm..idk man I like it the way it is