Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A-Hole finally owns up to it.

Undisclosed

United States
    For a second I though this thread was gonna be about me!!!
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

Kazakhstan

Nobody would say that when you have an epic win av that combines both the chin and the king.

But yeah, got some mates massively into baseball/nfl (they support the steelers, imagine that, they all had a fat piss up & got drunk as hell knowing they had work the next day, but fuck it, it's the superbowl - and then the steelers win & the blizzards meant work was cancelled! bargain.), they generally regard baseball as a joke because of the dishonour of people like this.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    This can't surprise anyone, can it? I think MLB need to call the last 20 years the steroid era and be done with it. Regardless of who was on the juice and who wasn't, we will never really know.

Let's just turn the page!

United States
    yeah, this is far from surprising. dude's smashing HR's left and right, youngest player to hit 500 HR's, on track to break the all-time HR record set by Mr. Steroid himself (barry bonds)...so yeah, don't see why people act like this is shocking.

as much as i like the st. louis cardinals, i wonder how long it's gonna be before they get some dirt on pujols. that son of a bitch is definitely on the juice, i'd bet anything on it. look at the dude's hairline...i've had a couple of pals go bald early, but none of them were built like the incredible hulk, however.

and yes, they should just slap a big asterisk on almost all "records" that all these over-paid fucksticks have tainted over the last decade or so.

Super Moderator

United States
    A-fraud? Artificially enhancing his performance in a vainglorious attempt to break records and further his own ends heedless of the cost to the fans, the sport, his team or any sense of propriety?

I'm shocked

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    yeah A-fraud is a great name. someone on tv earlier called him A-'roid and i damn near choked on my food.

United States
    Why all the hate on steriod users? They're not hurting anyone by slamming home runs. What does it really matter?

If anything, it helps. All these pro sports are entertainment events. They're only there so people can watch them; not "for competition". And the fans want to see a spectacle; at baseball games, they pay to see home runs. They don't pay to see a couple singles and a double a game. The steroids help the performer give the fans what they paid to see.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    Why all the hate on steriod users? They're not hurting anyone by slamming home runs. What does it really matter?

If anything, it helps. All these pro sports are entertainment events. They're only there so people can watch them; not "for competition". And the fans want to see a spectacle; at baseball games, they pay to see home runs. They don't pay to see a couple singles and a double a game. The steroids help the performer give the fans what they paid to see.
    I'm a Conservative Libertarian myself and I agree that there are better things to worry about. Baseball was on the skids after the strike in the mid-90's. The head-honchos condemn steroid use to no end, but deep down they know that it's the best thing that could've happened to the sport.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think calling him an A-hole is a bit extreme. True, he "cheated" but that doesn't make him an asshole. His body, his life, his decisions.

Slap a fine and regular piss tests on him and move on.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by SRP76 View Post
    And the fans want to see a spectacle; at baseball games, they pay to see home runs. They don't pay to see a couple singles and a double a game.
    Not entirely true, my friend. I'm a die-hard baseball fan (Go Phils!) and when I go to games, I'm not sitting there hoping for homeruns (nor am I, when watching the game on TV)... unless the bases are juiced... but, I want to see some great plays and some good baserunning. In fact, I sometimes get ticked off if a batter hits a homerun instead of getting on-base, in certain situations.

Undisclosed
    Steroids and sport go hand in hand, we all know it

United States
    i believe that there are about 700+ players in MLB, and in this round of testing which A-roid failed, he was among another 103 players who also tested positive.

that's pretty sad that about 1 of 7 MLB players were on somthing at the time. that one of seven individuals would have an unfair advantage over those who are playing without cheating. kids look up to these guys, and they see that their sports idols are all juicing, so...monkey see, monkey do.

in addition to this, a-fraud, mcguire, sosa, bonds, etc. have tainted their sport big-time. look at all the coverage of bond's homerun chase...most of it was focused on the negative parts of the story - steroids, grand jury probes, congressional hearings, etc. that's not what baseball should be about, it's just a game. i realize that MLB and its entities have a very profitable entertainment product, but when it gets to be a media circus of negativity, it's bad for the sport.

like Pizzoff, i'm a big baseball fan, and it ain't all about HR's. i mean, watching someone belt one over the fence is exciting, but that's due to the fact that it doesn't happen all the time, maybe a few times per game. so yeah, let's just let all those overpaid meatheads get super-fucking-jacked like walking bulls and change all the rules to the game where it just becomes a game of home-run derby. that would make the sport so much more enjoyable.
    Last edited by ProfessorChaos; 11-Feb-2009 at 09:24 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I think calling him an A-hole is a bit extreme. True, he "cheated" but that doesn't make him an asshole. His body, his life, his decisions.

Slap a fine and regular piss tests on him and move on.
    The guy is a total asshole. Bad enough he used in the first place. But then he went on to lie about it numerous times.

Appears the only reason he came clean now was Sports Illustrated was about to expose him. Better to admit it to the public first rather than let them publish the results of their investigation.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Not entirely true, my friend. I'm a die-hard baseball fan (Go Phils!) and when I go to games, I'm not sitting there hoping for homeruns (nor am I, when watching the game on TV)... unless the bases are juiced... but, I want to see some great plays and some good baserunning. In fact, I sometimes get ticked off if a batter hits a homerun instead of getting on-base, in certain situations.
    But Mike my friend you are an anomaly. you're a philly fan, which means you are one of the most dedicated fans in any city for any sport. I know I love them Eagles.

GO EAGLES

E-A-G-L-E-S
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*