ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Tarantino's Editor Sally Menke Found Dead

This really sucks as i liked her work.

R.I.P.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1123912p1.html

Sally Menke, Quentin Tarantino's long-time editing partner, has been found dead in the Beachwood Canyon area of Los Angeles, according to law-enforcement sources, say the LA Times.

The film-maker went missing on Monday after taking her dog for a walk in extreme temperatures, and her body was found in a ravine in Griffith Park after an extensive search. The cause of death is as yet unknown.

Sally Menke worked alongside Quentin Tarantino on every one of the director's movies since Reservoir Dogs in 1992 with editing credits including the Oscar-winning Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown, Kill Bill, Death Proof, and last year's Oscar-nominated Inglourious Basterds.

She was twice nominated for Best Editing Academy awards for her work on Pulp Fiction and Inglourious Basterds.

Read more: http://movies.ign.com/articles/112/1...#ixzz10qPxHJOg

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Beat ya by 2 minutes
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    That's hilarious.

Great minds dude.

I'm sure the threads will either get merged or mine delted when a mod comes along.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You beat me by two minutes!

Bastard!

KhAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNN!!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Didn't know she edited the first Turtles film...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    Didn't know she edited the first Turtles film...
    Me either... was a bit shocked reading that...
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Super Moderator

UK
    Quite gutted by this news actually.

Her editing on QT's flicks was always top notch and her style was really groovy. RIP Sally Menke.

*oh and MERGED by the way*
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 28-Sep-2010 at 05:40 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I wonder if the dialouge, which imo, is the staple of his films will ever be the same?

I mean, characters in his films talk about a ton of irrelevant yet entertaining stuff on the way to their objectives, you know, alot like in real life.

You can say alot of things about the dialogue in his films but you always come away with a memorable scene or conversation.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    I wonder if the dialouge, which imo, is the staple of his films will ever be the same?

I mean, characters in his films talk about a ton of irrelevant yet entertaining stuff on the way to their objectives, you know, alot like in real life.

You can say alot of things about the dialogue in his films but you always come away with a memorable scene or conversation.

I don't see why not. That is Tarantino's direction of the actor and written word, not so much Sally's Editing... Her Editing is what turns it all into a coherent story. However, I am sure Sally's assistant will take over as Quentin's full time editor.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Or just get whomever edited City On Fire...

Those aren't real problems, Sam.

Super Moderator

UK
    Perhaps the assistant will step up to the plate then - kind of like the understudy - Menke had a real style and flair to her editing, and it was always impressive in every QT flick - indeed it was one of the things I'd always look forward to, and remains one of my favourite things about QT's flicks. Her editing then became a very strong influence in his work, I felt, in the 2000s particularly, and the bond between QT and Menke seemed very strong too ... just like other Director/Editor combos who work together on every project like Scorsese and Schoonmaker.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Was just thinking about the "Hi sally!!!" special features on Tarantino's dvds. They'll be kinda sad now....

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    RIP to her... great work that will live on.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    ha the edit assistant will probably move on to more ingesting duties elsewhere
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.