Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Totally Pissed... Hit Deer with my car

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Totally Pissed... Hit Deer with my car

Tonight on my way back from Hagerstown, MD an 18 wheeler hit a deer and the remaining body flew into my driving path, at that point I couldn't swerve or stop and I hit the carcus (sp?) which managed to **** up the entire under body of my car including puncturing the transmission and the oil pan, break an exhaust clamp and knock my car out of alignment.

Luckily Ford Roadside Assistance showed up with 30 minutes of calling them, and they towed the car home, and allowed me to ride along in the cab of the truck, but from what i could see when it was being put on the flatbed the entire under body is completely ****ed right now.

This sucks because the car is needed for shots in the upcoming movie.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    damn, that's a bummer man. sorry to hear that. i guess that's what insurance is for, though.

at least you had the sense not to swerve and possibly do more damage to your car or injure yourself.

the campus where i attend school sits on a nature preserve and about once a week, i'll be drivin' late at night heading home from the fitness center or library and there'll be some dumb-ass deer on the side of the road totally oblivious to traffic. lucky i haven't hit one myself....

it's also a good thing that you weren't the one who hit it. i've heard some urban legend-type stories about people plowin' over a deer and the stupid thing flies through the windshield and in its last ignorant act, kicks the driver to death as it thrashes about the cab and bleeds to death.

in my book, deer are only good for three things:
    1) hunting
    2) eating
    3) mounting on the wall

sorry again about the bad luck, dj. glad to hear you came out alright.

England
    I read that wrong then!when you said totally pissed i thought you meant drunk
    sorry to hear it though,my auntie hit one a few years ago & the car was a total write off!

Dying

walking down the ho chi minh trail,vietnam.
    Undisclosed
    i remember being pissed one night and i was doing 100mph down a country lane all of a sudden i skidded and hit a family of 4 at a bus stop killing 3 of them!the fourth one ended up paralysed from the waist down in a weel chair for the rest of his life. i got fined £40 and £100 compo.
    hold it flyboy! dont go into the stairway,dont open that door baby you'll lead them right up with you!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh i wasn't drunk. I don't drink and Drive... I am pissed about hitting the deer. Since I got this car I have had some issues, nothing mechanically, just stupid things like ingoramuses smacking their doors into the side of it, someone actually stealing the N20 caps off my valve stems (tires are filled with Nitrogen). Asshole neighbors letting their kids crawl on top of the hood and standing on it... so this was just the icing on the cake and it pissed me off.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    what really annoys me
    is the amount of blood those
    damn things get on the car

not to mention the hunks of gore stuck in the grill
    that stuff you cant even hose away
    you gotta use a brush and scrub it out

i hate road kill
    even a small animal can cover your car in
    splattered plasma
    even thsese birds i ran over once left blood all over

at least you were not hurt
    hitting a big animal like that can kill you

England
    Our cats like nothing better than eating birds,rats,mice,moles etc on the bonnet of my car!i come out to it some mornings & theres entrails all smeared on & i dont have time to wash it off before work

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    i remember being pissed one night and i was doing 100mph down a country lane all of a sudden i skidded and hit a family of 4 at a bus stop killing 3 of them!the fourth one ended up paralysed from the waist down in a weel chair for the rest of his life. i got fined £40 and £100 compo.
    dude, are you serious? that's fu*king awful, man!

Super Moderator

United States
    ???

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Dead

Undisclosed
    I too am a little puzzled by this statement. Could you explain a little?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    uh, my guess ,and im no sherlock holmes, is that hes kidding, or if you can get away with only 40 quid in fines for killing 3 people then laws are getting pretty lax.

that sucks dj, but hey, least you walked away from it.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    uh, my guess ,and im no sherlock holmes, is that hes kidding, or if you can get away with only 40 quid in fines for killing 3 people then laws are getting pretty lax.

sorry dude, but my mind doesn't function with any other forms of currency other than u.s. dollars.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah when it comes to car accidents its the dollars you gotta look out for, not peoples ,yknow, lives

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah it is nothing major, just under carriage damage so that is something the dealer will have to look into come monday morning.

Gary
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Sorry DJ! That really sucks. Guess it could have been a lot worse, though, but still really sucky!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."