Thread: starcraft 2 looks a little cartoony...

Canada

starcraft 2 looks a little cartoony...

i dunno, it's like when peopel say that warcraft 3 looks kick ass and has amazing graphics, i can't help but point out the incredibly bright colours that ruin the game for me...it isn't dark enough, and i'm starting to think SC2 is going that way...

oh and the vocie acting sucks for the protoss....

we'll wait and see though, but i doubt it'll beat out Dawn of War Dark Crusade as my favourite strategy game.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    'scuse me?, warcraft 3? amazing graphics?, dont get me wrong its a great rts game but it looks like a ps-one game, the people actually have jagged edges.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Wc3 intentionally has rather low-polygon graphics so that it won't take up alot of power. A game doesn't need great graphics to be good.

As for StarCraft 2, I think it looks about as cartoony as Sc1 to be honest.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think that's a catchline for a console like the wii. Isn't the whole reason why pc games are superior the graphics? It can't be those keyboard controls. I hate those things and they have to be the biggest reason that turns me off to pc gaming.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    pc controls are perfect for rts games, while consuels operate better using shooters.

Yes hellsing, there are people who actually believe warcraft 3 looks hot...I dunno why...
    and graphics are an important part of how a game goes...i know i get turned off by a game if it looks like **** when comapred to others on the market...oh and I try'd playing WC 3...and nah, didn't work for me....

I'm still not so hot on the voice actors for the protoss this time around.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I think that to have a great game both gameplay and visuals must be well above average. One without the other will leave the gamer wnating more after the novelty of it wears off.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Canada
    it needs to stimulate all your sense, not just 1 or 2. I never understood why people say that graphics don't matter when it's plain and obvious that they do...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by mista_mo View Post
    it needs to stimulate all your sense, not just 1 or 2. I never understood why people say that graphics don't matter when it's plain and obvious that they do...
    It's the reps for large gaming companies that have to say that because they've fallen so far behind the competition.

cough... nintendo...wheeze...

Canada
    yea, the gamecube was a waste of my money and had very little good games for it.

now, i know people don't like sony, but hot damn, the PS2 was my favourite consule.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    yea, the gamecube was a waste of my money and had very little good games for it.

now, i know people don't like sony, but hot damn, the PS2 was my favourite consule.
    The ps2 will go down as one of the greatest consoles ever. It capitalized on the first one's success. It's really hard to explain too. It wasn't the best at anything. Their online capabilities were trash. The x box as well as the gamecube were graphically superior also. But boy did the ps2 have some all time great games.

Canada
    it was such a great consule, and still is....

x-box was second place, gamecube was last to me...I loved nintendo, but c'mon....The gamecube was the worst of the systems...no good games, no on-line, those retarded little discs....and i hated the controllers...

I have about 11 games for my gamecube, and i'm pretty sure thats all the good oens for the system.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    it was such a great consule, and still is....

x-box was second place, gamecube was last to me...I loved nintendo, but c'mon....The gamecube was the worst of the systems...no good games, no on-line, those retarded little discs....and i hated the controllers...

I have about 11 games for my gamecube, and i'm pretty sure thats all the good oens for the system.
    I think one of the things that nintendo did wrong besides what you mentioned is their lack of development of mature themed games. It's like they forgot about us.

Canada
    all mario and such. altho, the resident evil remake is my second fav resident evil game...