Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Call Of Duty 3 - Gameplay Video

United States

Call Of Duty 3 - Gameplay Video

I know not everyone here is a fan of the WWII genre games like I am but I thought you'd like to check this video out either way:

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/4412#

Click on "Watch Larger Format" & enjoy . I like the added "hand to hand" combat that was in the video.

I know that after watching it I'm going to go back & play through the campaign on Call Of Duty 2 again .

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    okay thats the straw that broke the camels back, yet another game about killing germans, granted most germans nowadays dont agree with the nazis but still there granparents were in that war so its still creepy to think your virtually killing someones grandad,lol.
    theres just no need to keep bringing up WWII games, it happened like 65 years ago people need more ideas than bringing up one war again and again.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing
    okay thats the straw that broke the camels back, yet another game about killing germans, granted most germans nowadays dont agree with the nazis but still there granparents were in that war so its still creepy to think your virtually killing someones grandad,lol.
    theres just no need to keep bringing up WWII games, it happened like 65 years ago people need more ideas than bringing up one war again and again.
    I knew you'd be in the camp of not being a fan of the WWII genre games . As they say though, "to each their own" . Thankfully there will be many more games coming for those out there who are tired of the WWII FPS games that are coming later in the year.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    we need more origional ones like half life 2, halo , farcry and **** like that.

or more arcade rail shooters like house of the dead 2 or panzer dragoon.

United States
    I don't care where a game is set in history. Past, present or future it all boils down to gameplay and COD3 looks sick.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    I don't care where a game is set in history. Past, present or future it all boils down to gameplay and COD3 looks sick.
    I agree 100% .

Also, I just found a bit more info in an interview with one of the folks at 1Up. You will play as 4 different character's in COD3. They are:

American Infantryman
    British SAS Commando
    Canadian Mechanized Infantryman
    Polish Tanker

Each character will have their own squads that you will interact with.

Super Moderator

UK
    Well, that looked f*cking awesome, it's not a major step up from COD2, mainly just fancier smoke/explosion effects as well as little added in things (like hand-to-hand combat).

Also I remember reading that this isn't actually Call of Duty 3, it's actually just like Call of Duty: Big Red One - it's not a proper sequel, it's just a console version (yes, COD2 was on consoles as well). Can't remember where I read this, but it was on a gaming website where it was said that it wasn't ACTUALLY COD3 ... that said, the game still looks great fun ... shame about it being on a console.

Keyboard & Mouse all the way baby!

United States
    heh, I love WW2 FPS games and all but can we start blasting Japanese or Italians, the Allies fought those guys as well.

a "what if" FPS game would be nice as well, fighting Germans in Washington, or block to block battles in London, might be a nice change of pace

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

Super Moderator

UK
    *ahem*

Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault - there you're killin' Japs so "there's a Jap!" comes up a LOT in the in-game NPC vocab, hehe. They also do kamikazee charges, cool game though it has some faults.

Super Moderator

United States
    okay thats the straw that broke the camels back, yet another game about killing germans,
    Dude, their pixelated nazis. Aside from being really snappy dressers, the only redeeming quality of your average nazi is the fact that they are the all-time-classic villain and, thus, given to being killed in gouts of 720p resolution blood.

I do agree that more eras of gameplay are needed, as you can never have too much diversity. How about Victorian Enlgand, or Triassic era Gondwanaland? Those would be spot on time periods to kill a few nazis in

EDITED: for silly spelling mistake.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 07-Jul-2006 at 09:10 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Super Moderator

UK
    720 resolution? Pah, rock on PC with 1280x1024, boo-yah! Damn consoles, lol.

*high five to all my PC lovin' funky friends*

You can't really beat a bit of Nazi bashing in Call of Duty 2 really. I just had another bash on that, it's great to shoot their helmet off and they panic, then you take them down in a hail of lead from your Thompson and fire off a mag from your M1 Garand ... for good measure ... then chuck a grenade on his balls and run away giggling...

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    we need more origional ones like half life 2, halo , farcry and **** like that.
    If they're so original, how come you can name 3? Plus, I could probably add twice as many more to the list of games like that.

CoD3 looks amazing!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff
    If they're so original, how come you can name 3?
    becuase, and brace yourself for this, those games really exist, shocking ,i know but there we are.

Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights
    I do agree that more eras of gameplay are needed, as you can never have too much diversity. How about Victorian Enlgand, or Triassic era Gondwanaland? Those would be spot on time periods to kill a few nazis in

thats what i was getting at ,not some kind of oh be nice thing im just bored of ww2, there all the same i just think they need more ideas than "stalingrad 1942....in yet another game about the same thing".
    i mean the level design may be different but saide from brothers in arms there all virtually the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    a "what if" FPS game would be nice as well, fighting Germans in Washington, or block to block battles in London, might be a nice change of pace
    actually, for those who dont know, theres a 'what if?' WWII game coming out for the xbox 360 were a virus called the chimera arrives on earth from space in 1930-ish and mutates people so its still world war 2 ,but with no nazis and zombie mutant things instead, sounds good
    Last edited by Danny; 07-Jul-2006 at 10:54 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by erisi236
    That sounds really good to me.
    I like COD2 alot, I don't care if it's played out.
    A oacific theatre Isalnd hopping version would be cool too.

"Medal of Honour: Pacific Assault". I just saw that post. Is that the game with the horrid graphics?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    becuase, and brace yourself for this, those games really exist, shocking ,i know but there we are.
    That's not what I meant. I meant they aren't very original at all. All three follow the same formula. I guess Farcry is more so in its own category, though.