Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If you could ask George Romero...

United States

If you could ask George Romero...

If you could ask George a question about this latest film, what would it be?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I sense an interview coming on....

First I would ask him what he's going to call the damn film. Then I would ask if he could compare the overal tone of the film to one of his previous films, which would it be?

capncnut
    <whips out microphone>

1. Being the master of zombie cinema, you have covered a lot of bases in your previous movies. Do you plan on bringing something new to the table? Something that no-one has ever seen in a zombie film before?

2. How is the movie coming along? And will ...Of The Dead see a 2009 release?

3. It has been reported by various sources that Alan Van Sprang's character, 'Nicotine' Crockett, is an expansion of his previous 'Colonel' in Diary Of The Dead. If this is true, what made you decide to bring him forward as one of the main characters this time around? What can we expect from Crockett?

When I think of more, I will post.

ViP

United States
    I'm curious if this is being shot in digital or on film? If it is in digital, has he adopted the new media, or does he plan to return to film one day?

Also, does he have ideas formed for a film after ...of the Dead.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    3. It has been reported by various sources that Alan Van Sprang's character, 'Nicotine' Crockett, is an expansion of his previous 'Colonel' in Diary Of The Dead. If this is true, what made you decide to bring him forward as one of the main characters this time around? What can we expect from Crockett?

That's an excellent question cap and one that finally covers new ground. With so many interesting characters that have appeared in the series why bring back this guy? (besides the obvious right's issues that is.) Why not Fran or Peter? What makes this guy so special as that someone else couldn't play the same sort of role?

Good Stuff.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    I just got in from Toronto after spending the afternoon with George Romero. I'm going to start work on a piece(or pieces)ASAP. This was a fun interview and George went off in so many directions that I don't really know where to start. Unfortunately, some of the stuff I can't print because he doesn't want to ruin anything for fans. However, I think I have plenty enough for an interesting read.
    I also was able to talk with him about everyday, normal stuff as well. What kind of things does he enjoy doing in his off time, etc... We also touched on his old Pittsburgh days and relationships with former colleagues. I'm thinking of doing that as a seperate article.
    Hopefully Neil will want it for the site!

capncnut
    Looking forward to it.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Not being a dick when I ask this, because to me it is a very serious question and I still shake my head about it.

Why release such a crappy looking trailer for the newest flick? I mean it had no color correction, sound design, nothing. It was quite awful and I was surprised it was even let out.

So thats what I would ask him.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Not being a dick when I ask this, because to me it is a very serious question and I still shake my head about it.

Why release such a crappy looking trailer for the newest flick? I mean it had no color correction, sound design, nothing. It was quite awful and I was surprised it was even let out.

So thats what I would ask him.
    I asked that question DJ. I don't want to start giving out his responses here on the board, so I'll wait til I finish the interview. But that was addressed during our talk.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    You see? Not to worry deej. He was a dick on your behalf so you didn't have to sully your rep in the zombie director's community.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    I just got in from Toronto after spending the afternoon with George Romero.

LUCKY!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    <whips out microphone>
    word on the bog walls says your good at whipping things out.

on a serious note, i'd ask george this: if he does another zombie flick after ...of the dead, would obama's victory and the seeming shift of american political thought to left figure into it?
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    I asked that question DJ. I don't want to start giving out his responses here on the board, so I'll wait til I finish the interview. But that was addressed during our talk.
    Thanx Lee... I really needed to know what the deal with that was. George didn't seem like the type of filmmaker who would release something like that and it just really bugged the hell out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    You see? Not to worry deej. He was a dick on your behalf so you didn't have to sully your rep in the zombie director's community.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Just been bitten

Undisclosed
    i canīt wait!

i want to read the interview!!
    i want to ask about therunnig tiome of the new movie.the last 2 films were sooo short for me!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    My question:

I'm interested in your use of the subtitle "The Death of Death" in both Diary of the Dead, which takes place at the beginning of the zombie war, and "Toe Tags," which presumably takes place at the end. Just a catchy phrase, or is there a thematic relationship between the two pieces?

edit - damn, I didn't get it in on time. I've been itching over this one for a while too. Ah well.
    Last edited by Human Rain; 30-May-2009 at 03:39 PM.