Thread: I am so impressed with you english folk

United States

I am so impressed with you english folk

my friend has this knife from WWII that is completely brutal. it has a blood chanel in the middle and would run you right thru

it is such a mean looking thing it amazes everyone

and you people drink tea and have a queen and act all cicilized

this is a bad bad blade

i would love to see what you english people would be like of the streets of london had as many guns as new york

oh i am so impressed by this nazi killing blade
    maybe i can get a pic of it

United States
    I used to have a nazi pistol that was only given to hitlers minions who flew the blimps

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I used to have a nazi pistol that was only given to hitlers minions who flew the blimps
    Those are called Lugers. What happened to it?

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    and you people drink tea and have a queen and act all cicilized

this is a bad bad blade

i would love to see what you english people would be like of the streets of london had as many guns as new york
    heheh. Maybe English people have more repressed rage from all the tea/ queen/ being reserved stuff :P
    La freak, c'est chic!

.:Twitter:.:Facebook:.:Blogspot:.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The British and the Russians were the toughest bastards of WW2 if you ask me. None of them would ever, ever give up even when they were seriously outnumbered. During the battle of Stalingrad, the germans had fought the russians back to a single factory. That's all the russians had off the city. Most people would retreat, but they decided no too and kicked the nazis out of that place!

United States
    Brits and Russians were tough yea.

But the Fins were able bloody stalins nose. Had victories that borded Thermoplye in scale.
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah were tough as nails too! Stalin sooo messed up there.

England
    Without wanting to glorify the nazis,the wehrmacht was the best and most professional army the world has ever seen,all modern military tactics are based on how the germans fought.Im reading a book at the moment called armageddon by max hastings,its well worth a read if you have an interest in world war 2 and its really opened my eyes as to how that conflict was fought and the professionalism of the germans despite overwhelming odds, compared to their british,american & russian counterparts.The russians were only able to push the germans back because of the sheer amount of casualties they were expected to take,that and the fact that the germans stretched their supply lines too far and got bogged down in a backwards country with no proper roads.Obviously im glad the nazis lost the war,but ya have to admire their military achievements at that time

Super Moderator

UK
    The Brits have traditionally had gumption and a tradition of digging in and getting on with it (we still "just get on with it" to this day), but we also have a history of eccentrics and inventing genius sorts and well ... when duty calls to 'stab 'n' drain' a Nazi ... well, invention is a great thing ain't it?

Just look at the SAS and then the Commandos back in the WW2 days, doubly-hard bastards.

United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by kortick View Post
    It's pretty easy to get a gun in the UK nowadays, we have some very serious gangs over here, especially in London... that or a chav will knife you in the back for your mobile phone.

It's not all tea and crumpets over here mate. It's more like 20 pints and a kebab nowadays.
    Last edited by Craig; 04-May-2007 at 11:11 PM.

United States
    yes tricky i have read much on WWII
    and i am impressed by he nazis abilities not thier ideals

hitler was determined to gain Lebensraum (living space)
    for the german nation as well as his "solution" to the jewish problem
    all of this is spelled out in Mein Kampf

he built thru the german people an unstopple war machine

the fact that england held out against him so long is amazing

in fact hitler admired the english people very much and didnt understand
    why they would oppose him cuz you were not mud people

hitlers downfall began on june 22 1941 when he invaded the soviet union
    this invasion conquered huge amounts of land but he was stopped short from taking moscow

hitler then declared war on the US in dec 1941. this caused a coalition of the worlds largest empire (the british), the worlds largest industrial and financail power (the US) and the worlds largest army (the Russians)
    to be against him

hitlers parkinson disease and his drug addiction helped to cause his
    downfall

I am amazed at how close hitler came to taking over the world
    but i am really amazed at how long england held out against him

in theory he should have been able to defeat the UK
    but the spirit and leadership was amazing

the US played a large part in winning the war by getting suppiles
    to the allies, and the russian ended hitler, but the british are the heroes of WWI

in truth the americans were looking to make the japansese pay for pearl harbor so they created the most hideous weopons ever and fried entire towns alive with plans to keep dropping them until truman signed the executive order saying only the president could deploy an atomic bomb
    most people dont realise that US policy was to drop the bombs as they were made and if truman didnt step in more than hiroshima and nagasaki would have been destroyed

i have read many books on WWII and have spoken with many veterns
    my granfather has a luger he took off a dead kraut and another friend was at normandy on d day

but when you look at this knife it says all you need to know about the british
    this is a blade that will stick a nazi
    and when you stick him he is dead

it is a brutal blade

United States
    not mud people?
    "if wishs were fishes we'd all cast nets" - Gurney Hallack

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The US didn't fully understand the A-Bombs and how powerful it was. It wasn't until they saw the destruction it caused to Hiroshima and Nagasaki that it was decided that only a president could launch one.

The A-Bombs were also somewhat necessary to put an end to the war. The Japanese goverment were split down the middle and without the A-bombs, they would probably not have surrendered. Infact, even after the first A-bomb was dropped over Hiroshima the cabinett was still undecided. There were some die hard nationalists there who honestly believed that they were honor bound not to surrender. Luckily, the emperor Hirohito was sensible enough to finally call for a surrender.

In the case of an invasion of Japan, which was the other alternative, hundreds-of-thousands of lives would have been lost. Perhaps as many as up to half a million, that's including civilians. The japanese goverment namely armed their citizens with primitive weapons such as daggers and ice picks and told them to attack any invaders. It's safe to say that any invasion of Japan would have been an extremely bloody affair and many more lives would have been lost than what happened in reality.

But yes, the Wehrmacht was the most disciplined and organized army the world has ever seen. They always suffered the least casualties, despite winning or losing, which should be a testament to how brilliant they were. The soviets had great fighting spirit, but they were poorly trained. I dare say they definetly had one of the highest morales of the war. The battle of Stalingrad is a testament to how they would fight for every inch of the city. There was also another incident at Stalingrad, I can't remember the exact details, where the nazis had to fight several days for a worthless factory that was destroyed. It was strategically and tactically important, but the soviets wouldn't give it up. In the end, after a few days of hard fighting, all soviets were dead and it turned out there had only been around 20-30 of them.

The Japanese army was disciplined but very out-of-date. They did, however, defeat the british and australians on many occasions in the pacific. However they were to focused on hand-to-hand combat (a nationalistic thing) whereas pretty much every other military in the world had realized that hand-to-hand combat was next to worthless in modern battles. They often had enormous casualties, relative to what other armies would have in the same situation... Except maybe the russian.
    Last edited by EvilNed; 04-May-2007 at 11:36 PM.