Thread: Lebron James signs with.......

Chasing Prey

Canada

Lebron James signs with.......

the MIAMI HEAT.

now all the rumors from the playoffs make sense.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    is this a handegg thing?

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    is this a handegg thing?
    No this is a brownglobe/net thing
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    Eh, no surprise. It would have been nice to see him stay with the Cavs and hometown...but it's not my decision.

United States
    Thats gonna be a scary fucking team next year. I want LA to three-peat but judging by the looks of it that's not going to happen.

Dying

Undisclosed
    Clevelands owner has come out with both guns blazing.

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

He's also talking about how LeBron quit during the Boston series, which if you saw the games you know how true that statement is.
    Last edited by major jay; 09-Jul-2010 at 11:08 AM.

United States
    The letter from the owner is pretty shocking. One doesn't read stuff like that is today's PC world.

Undisclosed
    The hype over this is one of the stupidest things I have seen!

I was watching Morning Joe this AM and they acted as if he was a traitor to the country... how dare he go for more money and success. These same people shake their heads in understanding of corporations leaving this country to save money on cheap labor.

What a bunch of CRAP!!!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    The hype over this is one of the stupidest things I have seen!

I was watching Morning Joe this AM and they acted as if he was a traitor to the country... how dare he go for more money and success. These same people shake their heads in understanding of corporations leaving this country to save money on cheap labor.

What a bunch of CRAP!!!
    He actually left Cleveland for less money. Much less.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Undisclosed
    *yawn*

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    *yawn*
    Same here. I'm tired of hearing about all this. Keep it on ESPN. Not everyone wants to turn on their local news and hear about a basketball player and his contracts for an hour.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Oh yeah, I'd much rather hear about political issues that none of us has control over anyway.

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by darth los View Post
    He actually left Cleveland for less money. Much less.
    Does that count how much BP paid him to soak up the reporters for a while?
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trin View Post
    Does that count how much BP paid him to soak up the reporters for a while?
    Ah my friend. That would imply that BP actually posseses the technology to soak anything up at all. No?

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by ngm231 View Post
    Thats gonna be a scary fucking team next year. I want LA to three-peat but judging by the looks of it that's not going to happen.
    At least Fisher didn't follow suit.
    "We are not interested in the possibilities of defeat. They do not exist." - Queen Victoria