Thread: Jack Bauer V. The Living Dead

United States

Jack Bauer V. The Living Dead

I doubt this will ever happen (you never know...) but I think it would be beyond awesomeness to have Kiefer Sutherland's character Jack Bauer from "24" have a season dedicated to fighting against flesh-eating zombies. You could make a great premise around the "24" format as well. He has 24 hours to stop a zombie pandemic, something like that...

Of course, I think it would also be cool to see Jack Bauer up against some demons or the devil himself or something along these lines. We could go for a little supernaturalish kick in the series. It's awesome seeing Kiefer's character save the world every year and beat up terrorists, but how many times can you have a president nearly assassinated (or actually assassinated like TWO of the former presidents on the show) and the country at threat from nuclear or biological weapons? Really... the show could use a change.

Eh, who am I kidding? It's fun to put your mind and rationalization on pause and just enjoy it for the fun ride that it is regardless. But "24" with zombies would be cool.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Great Britain
    Read Patient Zero by Jonathan Maberry, its been called 24 meets 28 days later.

A very good read so far, I'm about half way through and the main guy in it is almost a copy of Jack Bauer

United States
    A Jack Bauer zombie story would be rediculous. First of all, there would have to be someone close to Jack that was a ....'zombie sympathiser'.....who would secretly be working to help the zeds (for what purpose? nothing would make sense). Second, Jack would just HAVE to get bitten by a zombie...and just when we think he is gonna die, someone comes up with a 'zombie bite cure' (ruining decades of zombie lore), and then the zombie problem would be all solved in the first 12 episodes, and then something totally unrealted to zombies would arise AT THE EXACT SAME TIME and the rest of the season would be devoted to that. You know, I used to like 24....