Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what songs do you wanna see in guitar hero 3?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK

what songs do you wanna see in guitar hero 3?

heres a few i can think of

beat it
    bohemian rasphody
    bruied alive by love
    some manowar
    some aquabats
    blue orchid
    want you bad
    2 minutes to midnight

anyone got any they want to see/play?

capncnut
    Oooh, the possibilities are endless...

...but the 25 minute version of Dazed & Confused by Led Zeppelin should be the final 'boss'.

Jimmy Page bow sold seperately.

Super Moderator

UK
    Has that 'Inagadadavida' song been used in the series thus far? If not - that, it's like what, 17 minutes long ... hehe awesome.

Then you can pretend you're the nutter in "Manhunter" ... or Tim & Jill dressed up as aliens in that episode of Home Improvement that was on ABC1 the other day.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Has that 'Inagadadavida' song been used in the series thus far? If not - that, it's like what, 17 minutes long... hehe awesome.
    That would be Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, one of my all-time favourite groups. Indeed it was 17 minutes long but there's also time-saving single version that clocks in at just over 4 minutes so it's not as if they couldn't do it.

Super Moderator

UK
    It's got a really good, identifiable (and creepy) riff, that I think would be ideal for that game, not that I've played it, but just going on what I've heard/read/seen...

United States
    Ya bunch of wussies, why isn't anyone asking them to put an Yngwie Malmsteen song on part 3? Perhaps some Dream Theatre? a few Steve Vai songs?

If you're gonna call it Guitar Hero, for the love of whatever, make sure ya got some heroes on it!

j/k of course.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Ya bunch of wussies, why isn't anyone asking them to put an Yngwie Malmsteen song on part 3? Perhaps some Dream Theatre? a few Steve Vai songs?

If you're gonna call it Guitar Hero, for the love of whatever, make sure ya got some heroes on it!

j/k of course.

Or better yet....learn to play a REAL guitar.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post
    Not you, too, bassman! I hate when people are like "screw that game, pick up a real guitar"...

I do play guitar in "reality". In fact, I'm in a band that plays tons of shows and tours (just saying so you know I'm not a casual player) and this game is nothing like playing real guitar. This game is exactly what it's supposed to be: a load of FUN.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Not you, too, bassman! I hate when people are like "screw that game, pick up a real guitar"...

I do play guitar in "reality". In fact, I'm in a band that plays tons of shows and tours (just saying so you know I'm not a casual player) and this game is nothing like playing real guitar. This game is exactly what it's supposed to be: a load of FUN.
    Yeah, I know. I've played the first one at a buddy's and it is a bit of fun. I just don't like it when people brag about being great at the game and act like they can play guitar. You ask them to do a simple chord or something on a real guitar and they look at you like they're retarded.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yeah, I know. I've played the first one at a buddy's and it is a bit of fun. I just don't like it when people brag about being great at the game and act like they can play guitar. You ask them to do a simple chord or something on a real guitar and they look at you like they're retarded.
    okay in that case, I understand.

United States

Y'know what's horrible? I've been playing (real) guitar for 29 years - but when I picked up the GH controller (my son has the first GH) for the first time, I felt like a complete retard trying to play it! I need 6 strings, a marshall and LOTS of volume - I can't do it with a plastic guitar with 5 buttons and a fake tremolo bar.

It's still fun to play - and has actually got my son interested in playing real guitar, which is cool.

Super Moderator

UK
    I wish I could click my fingers and go all Matrix and suddenly download certain skills, like playing a guitar, that'd be pretty cool ... although the guys from my year who played guitar were such posers with it, all about attention seeking. They can play guitar, but I've no idea to what standard, but I rarely saw them do anything but twang about a bit and play theme songs or other people's stuff (like flopping out a Nirvana riff or something)...so that kinda, well, spoiled the image a bit, lol...

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    you know thats true, im pretty good at guitar hero, not great but i can play any of the medium songs and a fair fer on hard with ease, and im barely beginning to learn a guitar, yet a freind of mine whos a proffesional guitar player cannot play guitar hero, i think guitar heros more akin to using somethign like a keyboard crossed with a games controller.

oh and add the grand conjuration by opeth to the list, the ten minute version

United States

Guitar Whinos...

Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    heres a few i can think of

beat it
    bohemian rasphody
    bruied alive by love
    some manowar
    some aquabats
    blue orchid
    want you bad
    2 minutes to midnight

anyone got any they want to see/play?
    "Bad Horsie" Steve Vai ... My band Blindfold, isnt a real "band" yet. We just write music, and record it on Sound Forge 7 & Acid ...Been looking for a bassist for awhile.
    I have been in real bands for over 25 years;in the 80s my band "Interval" warmed up for Kings X, Killing Joke, Country Joe & the Fish, Living Color ... the last 12 years mostly in Florida, played double-bill gigs w/ Molly Hatchett (or who ever was left of the original band) ...I was in Universal Studios "Beetlejuice" performance for a year or so...good money but sh!tty people.
    The guitar is for to some, a form of expression, to marginalize a gift of expression, is sadness indeed. Most that play 'GH' wont ever know the thrill of accomplishing learning a composition or song. Its work, thats something that GH removes, but also limits the player to the program, theres no expression in it.Other than that its fun , just that.

Usually I play my guitar to release tension, and that helps too.
    So I am glad that some enjoy Guitar Hero, for a second they get a taste of accomplishment ...Then want to try the real thing.Guitar is that cure.
    Last edited by DVW5150; 09-May-2007 at 09:08 PM. Reason: burned toast
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    What we really need is at least some Ted Nugent!!!