Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You are standing in a darkened room...

United States

You are standing in a darkened room...

You are standing in a darkened room, your back to a window, a fire escape outside. The door you had secured as best you could with such little time and forewarning gives way under the force of the undead outside it pressing ever forward, banging, clawing, biting their way forward. Ever forward.

You look left, a hand gun with two clips both full sits on the coffee table. On your right an axe, clearly belonging to a fireman who either lived here or who also too kup refuge here for a time before you did to escape the zombie horde.

It is clear the zombies will get you unless you do something, too many to shoot, too many to hack apart. You do not even have time to gather both weapons.

Which do you grab before making your way out to the fire escape, and why?

United States
    For me, the ax. Guns run out of ammo, and your aim could be off if you get rattled easily. Yeah, the handle could break, but scouring stores for another I think would be easier than finding a gun left lying around. With the ax, yes, there is some danger of close proximity, but also the greater chance of getting the job done. Plus, it would be a great multi-tasker tool when you need to chop wood, get into a shelter that's locked/boarded up, etc.

Norway
    If I had so little time that I could not pick up both I would pick up the axe because I am afraid I would fumble and loose the clips if I tried to go for the gun.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Axe. Basically for all the reasons Dawngirl stated...

Banned
    Banned User

Undisclosed
    Axe for me chopping up all those zombies sounds like fun.

United States
    You all make excellent points, and I have to say I agree with all that has beesaid. I grab the axe as well and I bust out that window and get the hell out of there.

United States
    I have to go with the axe in this situation.You don't have to reload an axe,and you don't have to worry about losing the clips to the gun.And an axe is a lot quieter then a gun.
    Last edited by Bub666; 26-Sep-2008 at 06:53 PM.

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland
    are we talking semi auto magazine fed pistol or revolver... revolvers have speed loaders but take more time to load than conventional semi autos. id go witht the pistol if it was a revolver. with the double single action process of the pistol you have to control and aim your shots more precise. axes are harder to use thatn most normal people think. you cant just bring an axe straight down on a piece of wood... you have to go in at an angle to get a deep cut. this might mean getting to close to the zombie if you are going in at an angle. if you are good with a pistol you should have no problem. heck if you are at point blank range you really dont have to aim just stick the gun head level and boom... no brains. i think a maul would work better in the axe class. has both a axe bit and a flat hammer end for smashing. my two cents
    IM HERE TO INFECT TRUTH. I HAVE MY WAYS BUT NONE AGAINST YOUR WILL. BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ITS TIME FOR CHANGE. WWW.MYSPACE.COM/UNDEADMATTHEW.

INFECT THE TRUTH!

United States
    The axe would be the logical choice. I have a feeling most people would be panicked & grab the gun...

United States
    Without panic, I would take the gun.

Hell, you are bound to find things laying around everywhere to bash a zombie's head in. At least with a gun, you will have a chance of surviving a fight against any "living" enemies, whom I think pose a greater threat to your survival than the "undead"
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Without panic, I would take the gun.

Hell, you are bound to find things laying around everywhere to bash a zombie's head in. At least with a gun, you will have a chance of surviving a fight against any "living" enemies, whom I think pose a greater threat to your survival than the "undead"
    I completely agree.

Real life isn't like the Zombie Survival Guide. An ax will be useless to you. Ever tried to run with a two-handed, 10-pound object? Good luck. It will hinder your mobility. It is also impossible to chop heads with. Go ahead and try to swing this thing at a moving, melon-sized object. Not happening. You'll miss the head, hack into the shoulder, then get eaten by a ghoul's buddies.

And breaking into a place is useless to begin with. If you hack your way into anyplace, it is no longer secure. Which means zombies follow you in, and you get eaten. So no, an ax is not a useful tool for entering areas.

The gun has none of those disadvantages. Even if you never fire the thing, you can at least run away, which you cannot do while humping a heavy ax down the street.

And when it comes right down to it, you have a much greater chance of finding another ax later on in your quest than you do of finding another gun. So, take the gun while it's available.

United States
    I'm going with the gun. You can find another axe somewhere else much easier than another gun. . with clips.

Just realized that I could have just quoted you jimbo and srp and said I agree.
    Last edited by clanglee; 27-Sep-2008 at 02:56 AM.
    "When the dead walk, we must stop the killing, or lose the war."

United States
    I'm greedy I guess. I would grab both! No reason not too.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sandrock74 View Post
    I'm greedy I guess. I would grab both! No reason not too.
    Yeah,but I think Thorn said you could only pick one weapon not both of them.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    I'd grab the axe. A handgun is basicly the fire-arm least effective against zombies. It's aim is poor, and you might as well grab the axe because it has more uses and you'll need to get close to the zombies anyway with the gun. Besides, what do you do when those clips are gone?