Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Savini is joining the Grind!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Savini is joining the Grind!

Just read over at Arrow in the head that Tom Savini has joined the cast of Robert Rodriquez and Quintin Tarantino's "Grindhouse".

The film is pretty much paying homage("that's disgusting!" - "Monty Python's Life of Brian") to the old-school horror flicks and the way they were once presented. "Grindhouse" will be composed of two 60 minute films, one being Rodriquez's "Project Terror"(Zombie Flick!!) and the other being Tarantino's "Death Proof"(slasher flick). The two filmakers will also create fake trailers, commercials, and shorts to be shown before and between the two flicks.

Savini has joined the cast of "Project Terror" along side Micheal Keaton(yes!....finally he's going to be in a film that's worth a damn) and Danny Trejo.

What do you guys think? Two plus hours of horror films, one being a zombie flick with the man - Tom Savini, directed by Tarantino and Rodiquez, and of course the effects by good ol' Greg Nicotero.

Tahehe - I'm excited
    Last edited by bassman; 16-Mar-2006 at 07:03 PM.

Canada
    That sounds sweet man, even better now that Savini is joining the cast of Project Terror.
    "I like swinging my sword in battle" - Guts (Berserk)

"Your one, big, ugly, mother fu*ker" - Danny Glover

Canada
    this is one film that i'am actually exited about seeing.
    tom savini thats just iceing on the cake.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Just read over at Arrow in the head that Tom Savini has joined the cast of Robert Rodriquez and Quintin Tarantino's "Grindhouse".

The film is pretty much paying homage("that's disgusting!" - "Monty Python's Life of Brian") to the old-school horror flicks and the way they were once presented. "Grindhouse" will be composed of two 60 minute films, one being Rodriquez's "Project Terror"(Zombie Flick!!) and the other being Tarantino's "Death Proof"(slasher flick). The two filmakers will also create fake trailers, commercials, and shorts to be shown before and between the two flicks.

Savini has joined the cast of "Project Terror" along side Micheal Keaton(yes!....finally he's going to be in a film that's worth a damn) and Danny Trejo.

What do you guys think? Two plus hours of horror films, one being a zombie flick with the man - Tom Savini, directed by Tarantino and Rodiquez, and of course the effects by good ol' Greg Nicotero.

Tahehe - I'm excited
    What do you mean? Keaton has a pretty Kick Ass Resume! Jackie Brown, 89's Batman, and a few other mentionables.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I meant his recent films. Such as "White Noise", "Herbie Fully Loaded", "Jack Frost", and "First Daughter".

Blah...I vomit alittle each time I hear/say "White Noise"...

I wasn't talking about his career as a whole. Just the last 10 or so years. I think the last film he was in that I enjoyed was "Desperate Measures". Keaton can play an awesome badass...

Super Moderator

UK
    I am SOOOOO excited about this flick, as soon as I heard the title and then a quick bit of info I was just like "f*ck yeah!". I cannot wait to see what a Rodriguez zombie movie and a Tarantino slasher flick looks like - and just thinking about that rumour of Tarantino doing Friday 13th Part 11 ... perhaps that might stand a better chance of happening after Grindhouse? Hmmm...

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Seems to me that Rodriquez will go from "Grindhouse" to "Sin City 2". I read just yesterday that "Sin City 2" was put on hold because Rodriquez wants Angelina Jolie for the lead role but she's pregnant at the moment.

So hopefully they'll wrap up "Grindhouse" and move on to "Sin City 2". Hell yeah...I can't wait to see how Rodriquez handles the zombie Genre. Im willing to bet(well...it's just hope, really) that he'll follow Romero's guidelines and make one that's worthy. Then there will actually be two zombie films outside of Romero's that are worth a damn - "Shaun" and "Grindhouse"....well "Project Terror"

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've been so excited for this movie. Even more so now that Savini is in it. Although I feel he should be in BOTH parts. He'd be perfect in a slasher, too (*cough*Friday 13).

England
    Sounds like the zombies will be more Evil Dead style ones, just read this on Savini's site quoted from from the man himself.

Jeff the stunt co-ordinator came up to me and we talked of all the stunt men we know, and he described how they are going to have this big zombie pick me up and hurtle me 30 feet into the side of a police car. I will have to wear a harness attached to this 70 foot overhead crane with wires and the zombie will pick me up and spin me around in the air and hurtle me toward the car. There will be an automatic stop on the crane, and my stunt double will actually take the hit. More later.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Savini is going to have a stunt double?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff
    Savini is going to have a stunt double?

Well, he is mostly an actor now. I think he gave up the tough stunt work a while back. Not to forget that he is getting up there in years.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Well, he is mostly an actor now. I think he gave up the tough stunt work a while back. Not to forget that he is getting up there in years.
    That was slight sarcasm. It's just kinda upsetting to see he's not doing his own stuff anymore. It'll help him stay in shape!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ah yes, hard to catch sarcasm through text. I got ya, now.

Hell, im excited to see him in ANY movie. It's been a while. Especially back in a Rodriquez flick. I bet there will be some kind of reference to Sex Machine...

United States

What about Children of the Living Dead!!?? Hehehe!!

Man, that movie would have had something going for it if they would have made it like they were originally suppose to make it, by giving Savini a bigger kick@$$ role.

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

United States
    I just hope that Tarantino holds back abit on the "cool, hip" dialogue he likes to bombard his films with. If he doesn't then his half of Grind House will end up looking like a send-up of Craven's Scream films.