Thread: Grrr.. Bioware's Mass Effect Xbox 360 only?

Administrator

England

Grrr.. Bioware's Mass Effect Xbox 360 only?

This is criminal! There's not reason why it can't live on a PC as well...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Ahh, they just say that sort of thing to get people all worried. If it does well it'll spread to other platforms no doubt. Hopefully the likes of Alan Wake will make it over to PC, now THAT looks like an awesome game - Max Payne was supoib.

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Ahh, they just say that sort of thing to get people all worried. If it does well it'll spread to other platforms no doubt. Hopefully the likes of Alan Wake will make it over to PC, now THAT looks like an awesome game - Max Payne was supoib.

What minion said.

Bioware is good peoples. if the game sells well enough, it'll be ported to PC. I think moreso the statement was to eclipse any rumors of Bioware porting it to PS3.

United States
    Just like KOTOR, Mass Effect will most likely come out for the PC but probably not until months after the 360 version has come out.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    Mass Effect is my most anticipated game. After watching the Demo Walkthrough on the XBL Marketplace, I was blown away. You can watch part I of the walkthrough at gametrailers.com here (I'm not sure when they're gonna put part II up). The graphics look almost CG at points, and the way you interact with characters is mind blowing. Bioware is by far my favorite developer, I was one of the few who actually liked Jade Empire. Like their past titles, I doubt ME will be ported to other consoles, besides PC.
    Last edited by CoinReturn; 17-Jul-2006 at 03:36 PM.

United States
    Same thing with Jade Empire. Avoiding the PC version limits initial piracy concerns, and raises their sales on the XBOX or Playstation.

Bioware then waits a year and releases the PC version with added enhancements, trying to encourage people to buy the game AGAIN.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter
    Same thing with Jade Empire. Avoiding the PC version limits initial piracy concerns, and raises their sales on the XBOX or Playstation.

Bioware then waits a year and releases the PC version with added enhancements, trying to encourage people to buy the game AGAIN.
    But with the success of downloadable content for the 360, I think whatever enhancements the PC version will get the 360 owners will have already downloaded and played.
    --- Batman

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Tullaryx
    But with the success of downloadable content for the 360, I think whatever enhancements the PC version will get the 360 owners will have already downloaded and played.

maybe not. Bioware may release add on packs simultainiously for Xbox and PC. But timing asides, i think your correct the content avialable for PC players will now be available for the 360.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501
    maybe not. Bioware may release add on packs simultainiously for Xbox and PC. But timing asides, i think your correct the content avialable for PC players will now be available for the 360.
    I remember how people who bought the PC version of KOTOR were all happy since they got new content that Xbox players had to wait months after the PC version before they could download it. I think what will happen is the PC version for ME will have the additional content downloaded by 360 players, but then the PC version may be abit more than the usual 39.99 price for PC games to reflect the additional content. It's either that or the PC version will be just like the 360 version then PC players will have to pay-for-download all the add-ons.
    --- Batman

Fiji
    agreed