Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Welcome Gary Streiner HPOTD Member!

United States

Welcome Gary Streiner HPOTD Member!

I have heard through the grapevine that Mr. Gary Streiner, who worked with GAR on the original NOLD 68, has joined our boards.

Since a quick search did not reveal any official welcome of this legendary presence, I thought that I would kick this off and say to Mr. Streiner that it is a great honor to have him as a member and I look forward to reading his posts!

Welcome Gary Streiner!!!!!
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Who's Gary Streiner?

United States
    Bassman, Streiner is one of the original investors for NOLD68, who also rolled up his sleeves and worked with George during the several month NOLD shoot in PA. Dubious has pointed out that this may be the first occasion where someone who worked on George's film has become a member.

NOTE: After doing a second, more careful search, I found mention of Gary's membership under a different post, so my apologies to the board for being duplicative. Once I figure out how to insert a link, I will do so here.
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

Undisclosed
    these kids today i tell yah..

Gary Streiner and his 'Night of the Living Dead' annual film festival make your plans for Halloween 2009

www.thelivingdeadfest.com v

"Welcome to the camp Mr Streiner"
    (the HPOTD camp that is)
    Last edited by Phenia Films; 30-Mar-2009 at 04:25 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Bassman, Streiner is one of the original investors for NOLD68, who also rolled up his sleeves and worked with George during the several month NOLD shoot in PA. Dubious has pointed out that this may be the first occasion where someone who worked on George's film has become a member.

Super Moderator

United States
    Yeah, I saw the thread where this was initially mentioned, but I'm glad a separate welcome thread was made.

In any event, welcome Mr. Streiner! Very cool of you to register.

Edit: Hilarious image, Bassmam. We've all been there before.
    Last edited by AcesandEights; 30-Mar-2009 at 04:38 PM.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Bassman, I stole that jpeg from you for my desktop wallpaper. Hilarious, brother!

United States
    WELCOME MR. STEINER !!!
    I have to tell you I saw NOTLD when I was a young girl in '68 and it started my love for the zombies ever since.

Just been bitten archivesofthede's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Bassman, remember I will go to great lengths to defend the Empire and Stormtroopers. Don't mess with Imperial Army! Post with care!

Oh, welcome Gary.
    ARCHIVES OF THE DEAD - RIP

Just been bitten Shadowofthedead's Avatar

Aaland
    so whats this guys name display name i mean wheres his appearence here or am i to concerned with auto parts at auto zone. any who welcome some important guy.
    IM HERE TO INFECT TRUTH. I HAVE MY WAYS BUT NONE AGAINST YOUR WILL. BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF THESE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA ITS TIME FOR CHANGE. WWW.MYSPACE.COM/UNDEADMATTHEW.

INFECT THE TRUTH!

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowofthedead View Post
    so whats this guys name display name i mean wheres his appearence here or am i to concerned with auto parts at auto zone. any who welcome some important guy.
    The original thread where Gary posted is located here but there was some minor confusion and this appreciation thread sprung up all on it's own.

That's cool -- people are just excited over someone from the original film that started it all reaching out to fans on this forum. Be sure to keep on spreading the love.

United States
    Welcome, sir!

Undisclosed

Mister Gary R. Streiner

Thanks for the welcome folks. I can't tell you guys how cool it is for me to have moved on to other interests in my life 40 years ago and now come back to this great welcome. I really enjoy the people who don't know know me but will get to know me because of my attachment to a legend.
    What was I thinking for all those years? I was beating my head against the corporate structure when I could have been basking in these warm welcomes.
    Sorry for throwing everybody off by using my actual name I'm so old school with things like that.

GXXY

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Thanks for the welcome folks. I can't tell you guys how cool it is for me to have moved on to other interests in my life 40 years ago and now come back to this great welcome. I really enjoy the people who don't know know me but will get to know me because of my attachment to a legend.
    What was I thinking for all those years? I was beating my head against the corporate structure when I could have been basking in these warm welcomes.
    Wow, welcome aboard! Next time you see Russ, tell him I LOVE his performance in NOTLD. I think it stand tight up there with any of the professional actors. (Same goes for all the other "amateur" actors in the film)

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post
    Sorry for throwing everybody off by using my actual name I'm so old school with things like that.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Welcome! It's about time an actual "trilogy" person has joined!!!