Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And Metallica has reached a new low...

United States

And Metallica has reached a new low...

http://ultimate-guitar.com/news/gene...s_updated.html

Apparently Metallica doesn't have enough money already. (lolz)

Edit: Oh yea, I thought I'd mention before anyone else does, that yes, I do know.
    Last edited by Maitreya; 15-Aug-2007 at 11:47 PM.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

United States
    First they effed up Napster... and now this... its official... if I ever listen to Metallica again it will be a stolen and/or copied CD that I didn't have to pay a red cent for... why should those greedy bastards get fat with my hard earned money? Who died and made them copyright infringement hall monitor?
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    never liked metallica, not to say there a bad band, just one of those i listen to and just dont enjoy.

capncnut
    Who cares about Metallica? They haven't made a decent record since ...And Justice for All.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ah geez, get all their music from videogames? Are they freaking insane?

You don't give away your music for free to videogames, it's licensed, that involves money...money which they've got plenty of already.

There's a vast, yawning chasm between Napster and Guitar Hero 3. Are any of the other bands worried? No they're not, because no doubt their album sales have risen/will rise because people will enjoy playing the tracks on the game, and then seek out the actual albums.

Kazakhstan
    eh? i dont get it, the metallica song "A"? i've never heard of that one.

maybe i missed the point (pretty tired at the moment) but arent they just trying to get royalties for a song of theirs used in a game?

i dont really get the metallica bashing. so lars and james sued napster a few years back. so what? it didnt make it harder to download music at all - in fact it made it easier, because napster was pretty rubbish (no download resume, took AGES to download stuff even on t3), yet everyone used it. the death of napster opened up the p2p market and paved the way for stuff like audiogalaxy, limewire, torrents etc.

james & lars were just dumb i think. they didnt fully understand what napster was.

people wank on about "oh theyll never get a penny of my money, the greedy bastards" - urm HELLO? ALL BANDS ARE GREEDY! it's quite possible to just record music for fun and release it for free, musicians only pursue their band as a career if they think they can get some of your money.

most bands have "real" jobs outside of their bands, so it's not like they have to sign to a label that charges you 15.99 for a cd that cost 34p to make or they'll starve. it's greed, theyre not happy with making a decent living and having a hobby like everyone else, they want drugs, girls, guns, cars, guitars, houses whatever.

theyre happy to sign to labels that will overcharge you for cds just for the chance to make a couple pennies off every cd sold. every signed band is greedy.
    (btw i'm not saying im any better, id sign the dotted line in a second)

and metallica rule. if you havent listened to the first 3 all the way through you should trade in whatever garbage youve been listening up until now in for copies
    yeah their records suck now, but so do most bands who've been going for 25 years, and the sheer quality of the the first half of their career and the excellent lives shows they put on to this day redeem any dodginess over the past decade.

H3tfield r00lz!1!!1!
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by capncnut View Post
    Who cares about Metallica? They haven't made a decent record since ...And Justice for All.
    Totally agree... but also... their stuff all sounds the same too... I can understand Hetfields voice will always sound a certain way but like everything in their songs is the same... grrr...
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

Chasing Prey

Canada
    simple solution to this problem, everyone can boycott their music and not get licenses to use it in games,movies and whatever else and see how much they cry about it. radio stations can do their part too by not playing them anymore

United States
    I actually haven't heard metallica on the radio since I was in high school... so in nearly 8 years... wowzers... and THANK GOD

United Kingdom
    I don't see why you're all ragging on Metallica, they're still all about the music.

Last edited by Craig; 16-Aug-2007 at 11:56 PM.

United States
    if you want to call that music

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I don't see why you're all ragging on Metallica, they're still all about the music.

yikes cmon man, its greed pure and simple. i wouldnt be surprised if they started trying to tax cover bands when they prform songs

Kazakhstan
    lol WHATEVER, from someone who has a link to a trust company song in their sig!

everyone has their opinion, and no person's opinion is any more valid than someone else's

...unless you think a nu metal band like Trust company is better than a thrash metal band

also james' voice sounds totally different on kill em all to what it sounds like on master of puppets, and its sounds different again on the black album...
    cmon man, at least do them the justice of listening to them before you dismiss them

edit - also, someone who's into KISS calling metallica greedy? i think i might faint

Last edited by _liam_; 17-Aug-2007 at 12:22 AM.
    "Naturally, the common people don't want war, but they can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
    Tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and endangering the country.
    it works the same in every country."

-Herman Goering, Hitler's Reichsmarschall, at the Nuremberg trials.

THE LEISURE HIVE

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post

H3tfield r00lz!1!!1!
    brings new meaning to the phrase "a 'big **** off' t shirt"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by _liam_ View Post
    lol WHATEVER, from someone who has a link to a trust company song in their sig!

everyone has their opinion, and no person's opinion is any more valid than someone else's

...unless you think a nu metal band like Trust company is better than a thrash metal band

also james' voice sounds totally different on kill em all to what it sounds like on master of puppets, and its sounds different again on the black album...
    cmon man, at least do them the justice of listening to them before you dismiss them

edit - also, someone who's into KISS calling metallica greedy? i think i might faint

no love for trust company? you bastard! lol

That **** off shirt would go great with Freddys from ROTLD **** off jacket