Thread: Hatchet

Undisclosed

Hatchet

Anyone watched it, yet? It was just on cable tonight. Very gory and funny. Worth checking out for a laugh.

United States
    Yeah ,I watch it awhile back.It's a really good movie.

Undisclosed
    I read somewhere that they are making a sequel. I hope it is good as the first movie. I enjoyed the fact it mixed humor and extreme violence. And I was surprised to see ole JD from Grandma's Boy as one of the leads. Oh yeah, and it showed toppless chicks, too. So, it had everything I wanted in a slasher flick.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is this the same Hatchet that's a book? The boy that crashed on an island with only his hatchet as a tool?

Undisclosed
    I had to read that book in the 6th grade. Good story and a movie was made from the book. Ned Beatty played the pilot who dies. But no, it is not the same story.

It is a slasher movie made a year or 2 ago. Kane Hodder plays duel roles as both the deformed killer and his dad. Robert Englund and Tony Todd make cameo appearances. It is extremely violent and I am very surprised it was given a R rating for what it showed. I called it a hard R. There is an unrated version on DVD. People get ripped in half in this movie. And the gore is very well done. Hodder plays a roided up and seemingly indestructable mongaloid. Think Jason, but without the mask, undecayed, more aggressive, and very fast. Instead of Crystal Lake, it is a swamp in Baton Rouge, LA. The movie plays homage to old schooled slasher movies.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly13 View Post
    I read somewhere that they are making a sequel. I hope it is good as the first movie.

That would be awesome if they made a sequel to this movie.Hopefully it's as good as the first one.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is it on any of the On Demand channels right now?

Since the 90's ended there have been a few REALLY good independent horror films. Session 9 and Reeker come to mind immediately.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Is it on any of the On Demand channels right now?

Since the 90's ended there have been a few REALLY good independent horror films. Session 9 and Reeker come to mind immediately.
    No, just regular cable movie channels. I think either STARZ or Encore had it. If I catch it on the guide, then I give a heads up in advance. But there is an unrated version on DVD. I am sure you could rent it at a local video store. I know it is out.