Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite part and least favorite part in Land of the dead

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Question What is your favorite part and least favorite part in Land of the dead

My favorite part is near the end of the film, after Kaufman gathers his money, he tells his other board member to "look out, get down" and then blasts him quickly in the back of the head. That one was a gut buster (ahh... my sick humor). My least favorite part is when cholo becomes a zombie and still finds his way to Kaufman trying to flee to his boat. Kinda cheesy.
    Last edited by NumberOneGARFan; 10-May-2006 at 01:04 PM.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Favorite: Opening sequence with the "EATS" sign and gazebo band.

Least Favorite: "AAARRRGGGHHH" - I think you know what I mean.

United States
    The opening sequence up to the raid in Uniontown; The line "Zombies, man. They creep me out." - Fav

least - I will agree with bassman. Big Daddy sucks!

Hey bassman, this is a photo I took of a sign on an abandoned builing near the ancient cemetery I hang out in.

It cracks me up everytime I see it.

Undisclosed
    The opening was genius, particularly the band. I also enjoyed when the dead came out of the water a-la Apocalypse Now. as for parts I didn't like, zombie Cholo was a little off and when zombie chowdown in the streets felt too rushed.

"I am the video Word made flesh. Long live the new flesh!" - Max Renn

Canada
    The raid scene was great, and I loved the shots outside of the city you know..really gives you an immpression of just how much the world was affected by the dead rising.

least favourite...Big daddy screaming basically...i'm trying hard to think of a specific scene I don't like...

Undisclosed
    Favourite; Big Daddy filling up Kaufmans car.
    Least favourite; the corny fireworks at the end.

Super Moderator

UK
    I don't think I can quite make up my mind, I just thought the whole movie rocked. I watched it recently, but my brain doesn't retain enough information to answer a question such as this, lol.

Errrrmmmm...

The feeding frenzy at the end with the sping-tingling music is really emotional and that's one of my favourite parts. I don't think I have a least favourite part...

United States
    my LEAST favorite seen(s) of all is the part(s) where Asia keeps her clothes on and isn't totally naked in any of the movie! Damn you, George. Damn you.

Super Moderator

UK
    But that'd be like incest to the man, who considers her like a daughter ... still I'm on your side of the naughty-thought tracks. I love that "that's no boy" line from Charlie - friggin' excellent - that's another part of Land I absolutely love - anything Charlie does or says, Robert Joy is officially a legend in my book.

Also Adreno, if you haven't already, check out Last Days - yes nothing happens in the movie ... ever ... but Asia is one of the no-name groupie girls lounging around the mansion, her butt cheeks make a cameo a couple of times too, as I'm sure you'll like to know.

United States
    Favorite: The opening shots of the zombies in the town. I thought it was great how they were going about a somewhat "normal" ,although zombified, existance .

Least Favorite: Big Daddy's scream as others have already pointed out .

United States
    Charlie was such a great character, Robert Joy really brought him to life.
    I wish GAR went a lil deeper with his character, tho... but overall he just rocked.

Favorite..hmm...since the opening was already used, I'll say the scene in the underground club, with the lil fat man, when Charlie blows his brains out, great stuff, and the lead up was awesome.

Least fav I must say was when the undead hit the Green. Felt rushed, someone pointed out? I agree. Also, Cholo Zombie could have been better, overall, loved the film.
    "That's the deal, right? The people who are living have it harder, right? … the whole world is haunted now and there's no getting out of that, not until we're dead."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    But that'd be like incest to the man, who considers her like a daughter ... still I'm on your side of the naughty-thought tracks. I love that "that's no boy" line from Charlie - friggin' excellent - that's another part of Land I absolutely love - anything Charlie does or says, Robert Joy is officially a legend in my book.

Also Adreno, if you haven't already, check out Last Days - yes nothing happens in the movie ... ever ... but Asia is one of the no-name groupie girls lounging around the mansion, her butt cheeks make a cameo a couple of times too, as I'm sure you'll like to know.
    Charlie is one of my favorite characters in the flick. His intro scene is classic...Is he a zombie? NO! He's a main character!!
    At first, his repetitive "..Just look at me" lines got under my skin, then, I realized, a man like him would be just like that.

I saw Last Days many years ago....will have to (re)check it out.
    Have you seen B. Monkey? mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Knight
    Charlie was such a great character, Robert Joy really brought him to life.
    I wish GAR went a lil deeper with his character, tho... but overall he just rocked.
    Ya, the scene in the jail cell; conversation between Charlie and Slack - could have been a little longer and given more history of his character (instead of the Cholo/old man Zombie/Fiddlers Green/Apt scene added.)
    Last edited by Adrenochrome; 11-May-2006 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Banned User

United States

Thumbs up My favorite part is...

Riley's meeting with Kauffman. My least favorite part is when Riley refuses to to fire on Big Daddy with Dead Reckoning's guns.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by sammaeal
    The opening was genius, particularly the band. I also enjoyed when the dead came out of the water a-la Apocalypse Now. as for parts I didn't like, zombie Cholo was a little off and when zombie chowdown in the streets felt too rushed.
    On an offnote, damn Sammaeal! That Horror Society site is loaded with stuff! Great job! I've bookmarked it (since it's going to take months to work through it all).

Nice work.

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    Another favorite of mine would be close to the beginning when cholo is watching the fiddler's green commercial and the tv studders "...dine, dying." As if it is hinting that everyone is going to die.
    Another least favorite part would be when a soldier is throwing a grenade at some zombies. He gets his arm chopped off, falls on it, covers it, and blows up. a little cheesy.
    Last edited by NumberOneGARFan; 12-May-2006 at 01:03 PM.