Thread: Where is the most likely filming location for a sequal

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed

Question Where is the most likely filming location for a sequal

As most of you already know Land was filmed in Toronto. Since in the end they say they're headed north to Canada. Do you think it would actually be filmed there? It is hard to say with the rising loonie and the lowering exchange rate. It may not be worth filming in Canada by the time they are ready to start shooting. If they do.

Australia
    http://www.moviehole.net/interviews/...eorge_rom.html

This time, says Romero, they might even bring the undead to Australia.

“Simon Baker says that’s where we should shoot it”, he says, adding “But yeah, there’s some rumbling about doing a sequel. Most of my zombie movies have been ten years apart, at least, in this case it was twenty, I’ve never had to do one right behind the other. If that happens I think I will probably just continue the same story – follow the truck, in which case, those characters (including Baker) would be back”.

Romero isn’t fazed Baker has now relocated back to his native Australia either. “You tell him we need him on the truck”, he laughs.
    Sounds to good to me.

Oi!

United States
    If there actually is a sequel it will have nothing to do with LOTD because none of the movies have anything to do with the previous film aside from the zombies appearing in each one. The first two were shot in similar places but then the third went to BFE and the fourth went even beyond that... if there were to be a movie beyond Diary of the Dead or maybe a World of the Dead they would have all new characters and be in a totally new spot.... which is why IMHO his movies kinda blow... you never know what happens after the movie ends and we're all dying to know... or at least i am
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    It would probably be in a place that would most resemble where riley and crew were going. GAR has always tried to film in places that were at or looked very much like the places in his script for the dead films. He did very little filming by way of building sets.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    In my pants.

Oh yeah, Asia, come to papa...

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MissJacksonCA View Post
    If there actually is a sequel it will have nothing to do with LOTD because none of the movies have anything to do with the previous film aside from the zombies appearing in each one.
    Did you write that BEFORE reading the post ABOVE your's which contained a quote directly from romero which clearly states, in regards to a LOTD sequel:

"I’ve never had to do one right behind the other. If that happens I think I will probably just continue the same story – follow the truck, in which case, those characters (including Baker) would be back".

?

Also, in regards to the original question - Where is the most likely filming location for a sequal ... i would go for Kanada

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe View Post
    Did you write that BEFORE reading the post ABOVE your's which contained a quote directly from romero which clearly states, in regards to a LOTD sequel:

"I’ve never had to do one right behind the other. If that happens I think I will probably just continue the same story – follow the truck, in which case, those characters (including Baker) would be back".

?

Also, in regards to the original question - Where is the most likely filming location for a sequal ... i would go for Kanada
    But do you think that if he had done another dead film say a year or two after dawn would he have continued it or would the series be better served the way it is, with different characters and scenarios for each film? I like the latter myself.
    FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

United States
    Well, the State legislature in Pennsylvania is considering a big "tax incentive" program to make it more attractive for movie and TV producers to want to film there. Hopefully, this passes, and then GAR can come home and film in Pittsburgh.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    And maybe it will make it possible for more indie film makers to make movies without having to kiss the ring of a major studio in order to get their work released.