Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To Starve or Not to Starve?

United States

To Starve or Not to Starve?

You are out of food and all that is left is the zombie that you just killed. Would you fry it up like a Colonel Sanders Chicken and eat it or starve?
    Do you take the risk of infecting yourself?
    Will cooking it kill the virus? What would you do?

Canada
    I would starve to death first..of course I don't know if I
    would have the stomach to eat a zombie, no matter how well
    Bar-b-que it is....

Twitching

United States
    Starve,
    You could burn that flesh to black carbon and not render it sterile. Now, would I eat an uninfected corpse if faced with starvation? Yes.

Some things are more important than survival. I am NOT dying in the grip of the zombie pathogen because I was dumb enough to EAT A ZOMBIE. No way am I explaining that decision to the angel of death.

So, how 'bout the rest of you? Would you turn cannibal and eat an uninfected corpse if starvation was imminent?

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldwraith View Post
    So, how 'bout the rest of you? Would you turn cannibal and eat an uninfected corpse if starvation was imminent?
    Quite easily. I may even eat the zombie, depending on how long I felt my starvation could take me. I'm gonna die anyways so why not go out with a phat juicy steak?

Undisclosed
    funny how things come full circle. Years ago I advocated turning the tables on zombies and eating them. We even came up with recipes to kill the funk. Thats years ago in the old forum.

As I recall that was also about the time of the greased pig zom defense. Yup, you strip and grease up and just walk between them as they slide off of you unable to grab a hold. I'm pretty sure some of those old threads were alcohol fueled by all involved.
    Last edited by Crappingbear; 21-Feb-2009 at 03:36 AM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Crappingbear View Post
    I'm pretty sure some of those old threads were alcohol fueled by all involved.
    Booze powered posts on HPOTD...surely you jest. I know I have NEVER posted whist so drunk I had to type the same word several times...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Debbieangel View Post
    You are out of food and all that is left is the zombie that you just killed. Would you fry it up like a Colonel Sanders Chicken and eat it or starve?
    Do you take the risk of infecting yourself?
    Will cooking it kill the virus? What would you do?

Hell yes, I'd eat some zombie! Cook it up thoroughly, it'll taste like porkchops.

United States
    No way I would eat a zombie. I'd just eat a bullet instead.

Undisclosed
    Old zoms are essentially air dried beef ala jerky or proscuitto with a delicate flavor. New zoms need to be cured in a salt brine or coating to kill off the wigglys. Anyone who has had a Kentucky country ham can attest that a zom can be any more rotten that that. I'd also do a corned beef brine that would kill and pickle the meat to make it safe. They wanna eat me? I'll eat them first.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Yeah, I'd eat it. Cook it up and make it sterile first. Then salt it up and dry it out, like they do with the sharks on iceland. After that? Well, it'd taste like shit but I'd at least get food.

Christmas Island
    I would eat the zombie, provided I had plenty of spices on hand and some bread. The rugby kids stuck on the Andes, back in the early 70s, ate rotted human flesh and reported it tasted like cheese.

Norway

At the end of this thread http://forum.homepageofthedead.com/s...ad.php?t=12003
    I and others try to explain in some lenght that there is no spice or process that can turn rotten meat edible. I understand that the thought of getting back on top of the foodchain again is attractive. But its not an realistic option. Sure you might be driven mad by hunger and try but you will just starve to death while you puke.

United States
    I think that barring any firm scientific knowledge that eating a zed would NOT cause the eater to become infected, or have other problems (and it is unlikely that such knowledge would come about) then I would not eat a zombie. Unless I was in an endless parking lot with nothing but concrete around, I would eat anything else other than a zombie, even if it was just sticks and leaves, although under normal circumstances, you can find something better to eat than sticks.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    eat rotten meat form a long dead corpse?, no, id rather risk looking for food.

United States
    I would eat grass rather eat a zomb, even choke cherries sound better than zomb meat!!
    Really though if you are in the woods there are lots of different barks,berries, sweet grass you could eat that would keep you alive for awhile. If you know what kinds to eat that is,now the choke cherries would be a no no. lol
    In the city I would rather risk going in garbage cans to find food thrown away in nearby restaurants.
    No zomb meat for me!
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 21-Feb-2009 at 09:13 PM.