Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 'District 9' - Looks interesting...

Administrator

England

'District 9' - Looks interesting...

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Hmmm...intriguing...

I guess this is what you do when you can't get the 'sure-to-make-tons-of-money' Halo movie into production, eh?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Was that an on-set alien I saw there? No cgi? If so, you don't see that very often...

Could be cool.

Undisclosed
    I think it looks pretty cool. The director is an effects artist who had made the short version on his own. They are pretty amazing looking.

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i stumbled on this one yesterday at uni and i gotta admit my interest is peaked, and trailers dont do that to often for me, but for the same reasons im intrigued it could be bad, we dont know jack about it just a cool trailer, but im holding my breath for this one.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i stumbled on this one yesterday at uni and i gotta admit my interest is peaked, and trailers dont do that to often for me, but for the same reasons im intrigued it could be bad, we dont know jack about it just a cool trailer, but im holding my breath for this one.
    I like these odd-ball non-hollywood productions... Just feel different...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Wow, the search function does work !!

And here I thought I came up on some thing new on another site.

But yeah, this has tons of potential to it. The first thing i noticed about it is that it feels genuine and gritty if you can tell that kind of thing from a trailer that is.

I cain't wait.

http://district9movie.com/

FEAR IS THE OLDEST TOOL OF POWER. IF WE ARE DISTRACTED BY THE FEAR OF THOSE AROUND US THEN IT KEEPS US FROM SEEING THE ACTIONS OF THOSE ABOVE US.

I DIDN'T KILL NOBODY. I DIDN'T RAPE NOBODY. THAT'S IT. ~ Manny Ramirez commenting on his use of a banned substance.

"We kill people who kill people to show people that killing people is wrong" ~ Unknown

"TO DOUBT EVERYTHING OR TO BELIEVE EVERYTHING ARE TWO EQUALLY CONVIENIENT SOLUTIONS: THEY BOTH DISPENSE WITH THE NEED FOR THOUGHT"

"All i care about is money and the city that I'm from, imma sip until I feel it, Imma smoke it till' it's done, I don't really give fuck and my excuse is that I'm young,and I'm only getting older, sombody shoulda told ya, I'm on one !"

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    aint it cool news review, http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41892 and its not alone, its being toted as the most seminal important sci fi genre of the decade.
    honestly i have not been this excited for a sci fi film for a long, long time and ive got veyr high expectations of this one.
    I think the biggest thing thats got me excited is a recent peter jackson quote about 80% of the films in the cinema, and almost all the top grossing ones are remakes, sequels, prequels or adaptations. Nowadays a producer wont risk spending money on an origional i.p, hell i was taught my first year of college that a former student who kept the proffessor up to date took a film to get funding and was told, plain as day "go back and change it, if you can market it with a sequel at the end we will sign you for a trilogy, but we will not pay for a stand alone film, thats not how the industry works anymore"
    hopefully the reception form this will change that.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    aint it cool news review, [url]
    I think the biggest thing thats got me excited is a recent peter jackson quote about 80% of the films in the cinema, and almost all the top grossing ones are remakes, sequels, prequels or adaptations.
    Sort of like... Lord of the Rings and King Kong?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Sort of like... Lord of the Rings and King Kong?
    yeah, thats pretty much his point.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Well, Peter Jackson got to make pretty much any film he wanted after Lord of the Rings, and he did actually choose to make a crappy remake himself. So, meh.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Am I the only one hoping for "The bastards have landed!" to be somewhere in this film?

United States
    I don't know if this has been posted yet but, here:

Hmm...them aliens seem similar to Ender's Game buggers to me.

United States
    Saw a preview of the movie tonight... it was as amazing as I thought it would be. I don't want to give away anything before the rest of you guys see it so I will just end it by saying that you need to go see this as soon as you can. I will most likely go see this again in the next few weeks I enjoyed it so much (and maybe next time the person sitting behind be won't kick my seat every 5 minutes).
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190

Undisclosed
    Do you think Peter Jackson will make over the top gore movies, again? Or does anyone think he will be a sell out like Sam Rami?