Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dead Rising

Undisclosed

Dead Rising

Who is getting the game? Do you think it will be good?

I like the massive hoards of zombies, but hate how some of the "hype" combat is working.
    I hate kids, bossy women, and well... everyone.

United States
    Yeah, I have to get the Dawn of the Dead soundtrack so I can listen to it while blowing off zombie's heads. Kinda sucks it got delayed till August.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    isnt there allready 2 threads about the same topic?

United States
    I gota tell ya, those mall shots make me very giddy indeed

"To further complicate, I will now state, that your convictions lack definition and form."

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FleshMask
    Who is getting the game? Do you think it will be good?

I like the massive hoards of zombies, but hate how some of the "hype" combat is working.
    Will it be released for PC? Or just 360?

United States
    better be released to both and ps3, it wouldnt suprise me if there are a few easter eggs in the game relating to romero

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUNT
    better be released to both and ps3, it wouldnt suprise me if there are a few easter eggs in the game relating to romero
    As of now it is only being released on the 360. It's possible it will be released for the PC in the future but from what I've heard & read it's not being released on the PS3 at all. The release date is 8/22/06 which is months earlier then the PS3 launch. Even after launch I don't believe it will be ported to the PS3.

Super Moderator

United States
    I just wish this had an in-game co-op option. I like multiplayer, free ranging and FPS games that allow you to actually go through the game experience the way it was designed for a Single Player.

Either way, I will get this game!!!

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i thought there was a co-op?

Super Moderator

UK
    Everytime I see another picture or another video of that game I want it more. Now, if I actually had the cash then I'd get my ass a 360 and that friggin' game. But alas, that's not on the cards at the moment - hey, perhaps I should make a website to get 5 million hits so someone gives me a 360?

When/if I get it, I too will totally have the Dawn soundtrack playing in the background, I'm sure I'd start sh*tting myself quite quickly with the sheer volume of zombies coming at you, meanwhile you're holding a stick or a guitar (cool idea, talk about a killer riff). It's that sort of feeling of being surrounded by a swarm of zombies that sh*ts me up good and proper. I certainly wouldn't wanna be that person hanging from the ... whatever that blue/red/white thing is.

United States
    I like how in that shot with the woman hanging on for dear life the zombies at the bottom are clamoring and raising their arms up waiting for her to fall. I always pictured that whenever I read parts of the Bodysnatchers in the fiction section. Those short stories always seemed to have scenes where someone was dangling right above a large mass of zombies.
    "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you."
    --- Batman

United States
    Bumping the thread for a new video. Keep in mind it was taken at E3, so there isn't any audio, just some ambient music. I like how some of he zombies have body parts in their hands to snack on :
    http://www.gametrailers.com/player.p...10891&type=mov

Super Moderator

UK
    That video was:

1) Freakin' sweet
    2) Freakin' sweet
    3) Double freakin' sweet

Damn it! I wish I had some cash and I'd dash out tomorrow and buy an Xbox and pre-order Dead Rising, that game looks so much fun. Although I don't know what it'll have 'story' wise, would it only be killing ALL the zombies ALL the time, or is there kind of missions or things you have to do? I'd have thought so, killing zombies is fun, but you can't just have that.

Still...garden shearing some zombie's in half is a fun way to 'waste' your life.

United States
    The game is based around your character waiting around in the mall for 3 days (game time) for a rescue helicopter. What you do in those 72 hours is up to you. There are missions, people to rescue (or kill, if you prefer) and bosses. According to the developers it is meant to be played multiple times for different play-throughs and endings.

Super Moderator

UK
    Ooooh, now that sounds like a fun idea. 3 days game time - now does that mean 72 hours actual game play time? Damn...

So would it mean you could technically get the mall successfully locked off and then just run around the mall lovin' your possessions for 3 days? If so, cool. I like freedom in games, as well as interactivity - that and freedom makes a great damn game, usually anyway. Zombies added into that mix is a surefire shot at greatness.

Oh man I want this friggin' game!!!