Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drag Me To Hell...

Administrator

England

Drag Me To Hell...

Going to see it tomorrow night... Not seen a horror film at the cinema in a looooong time!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Undisclosed
    I will expect a review! This looks interesting, but I think Rami has been moving slowing downhill since Army of Darkness (this is for horror) and Spiderman 3 (this is for Action). I loved the original Evil Dead and the second one...and since made me a huge fan of Bruce Cambell. I like the ads for this flick and pray it is good.

Super Moderator

UK
    I guarantee Neil will bitch like a bastard at one or two plot points ... even I did (a bit) ... but the point is, I got over those, and I thought the movie rocked - it grossed me out, and scared the crap out of me - same went for the whole audience, there was even a girl shrieking in panic down the end of our aisle - I've never experienced that before in a cinema.

The audience was reacting in passionate union too, which was great.
    Last edited by MinionZombie; 01-Jun-2009 at 05:03 PM.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I guarantee Neil will bitch like a bastard at one or two plot points ... even I did (a bit) ... but the point is, I got over those, and I thought the movie rocked - it grossed me out, and scared the crap out of me - same went for the whole audience, there was even a girl shrieking in panic down the end of our aisle - I've never experienced that before in a cinema.

The audience was reacting in passionate union too, which was great.
    Dude just cos I picked holes in the Uwe Boll film you loved, doesn't mean we won't agree on some other stuff...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy911sc View Post
    Rami has been moving slowing downhill since Army of Darkness (this is for horror) and Spiderman 3 (this is for Action)..
    Downhill since Spiderman 3? The last movie he wrote/directed before Drag Me To Hell was Spiderman 3. I wouldn't consider things he's produced to be really his fault.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Dude just cos I picked holes in the Uwe Boll film you loved, doesn't mean we won't agree on some other stuff...

Yeah right. F*** Boll!

Undisclosed

Great

I went to see this movie last night.I thought it was great.There was a lot of moments that made me jump.
    I also thought it was cool that they used the old Universal logo at the start.And they even had The come visit Universal City Hollywood in at the end of the closing credits like Universal use to do a long time ago.
    Yeah there was some moments in the movie that reminded me of scenes from Evil Dead. My only grip thoe it was a P3-13.Wish they could of done a R Rated movie. But still even at P3-13 they sure was some gore.
    Heres hoping for an Unrated version on DVD and Blu-Ray? I know I will be picking this movie up when hits store shelfs.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by deadkrank View Post
    I went to see this movie last night.I thought it was great.There was a lot of moments that made me jump.
    I also thought it was cool that they used the old Universal logo at the start.And they even had The come visit Universal City Hollywood in at the end of the closing credits like Universal use to do a long time ago.
    Yeah there was some moments in the movie that reminded me of scenes from Evil Dead. My only grip thoe it was a P3-13.Wish they could of done a R Rated movie. But still even at P3-13 they sure was some gore.
    Heres hoping for an Unrated version on DVD and Blu-Ray? I know I will be picking this movie up when hits store shelfs.
    I really enjoyed it... First half did an excellent job at making you jump. The second half then - a little out of character - went almost Evil Dead in style.

Good fun, and very well executed!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    I really enjoyed it... First half did an excellent job at making you jump. The second half then - a little out of character - went almost Evil Dead in style.

Good fun, and very well executed!

Are you gonna Neil-style moan about her not checking to see if the button was in the envelope, or did you get past that?

I got past it, although it would be something I'd check before I even left the car.

United States
    ^^^ I know right

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Are you gonna Neil-style moan about her not checking to see if the button was in the envelope, or did you get past that?

I got past it, although it would be something I'd check before I even left the car.

The papers falling into the footwell was a little ham-fisted and you knew something was going on.... But I didn't put 2 & 2 togethor and remember the coin in the envelope...

So yes, the button/coin thing was a little flawed, but I still enjoyed it
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Good to hear, Neil.

Undisclosed
    I thought the whole film was great. Yeah, the bit at the end dragged on TOO long because it was pretty obvious - but still, the payoff was fantastic.

And Holy Christ, I yelled out loud SEVERAL times during the film - great fun. The gag in the bedroom was freaking insane!

pJ
    "See you in L.A., Marvin." - Jack Walsh

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by PJoseph View Post
    I thought the whole film was great. Yeah, the bit at the end dragged on TOO long because it was pretty obvious - but still, the payoff was fantastic.

And Holy Christ, I yelled out loud SEVERAL times during the film - great fun. The gag in the bedroom was freaking insane!

pJ
    Was slightly odd how it went from subtle psychological stuff to almost full on Evil Dead... But it worked

The old lady was just awesomely creepy!
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Was slightly odd how it went from subtle psychological stuff to almost full on Evil Dead... But it worked

The old lady was just awesomely creepy!
    It was one of the best experiences I've had at the cinema, possibly my best ever experience at the cinema - the entire audience was into it, and there were quite a lot of people there too. Everybody was wincing, laughing, going "ewwww!", shrieking, whimpering and everything in-between.

Subtle psychological then Evil Dead style? I wouldn't say so - it's pretty damn gross as soon as the old lady turns up. Those who've seen it know what I mean.

Also - did anyone notice the old dude in the diner was the guy that played the Osborne butler in the SM films? Also, the woman who plays the witch lady, also plays Justin Long's mother in the movie.

Plus - Raimi's "classic" Oldsmobile, looking full-on Evil Dead style creepy.

I really hope they pimp out a full-on double disc, features-heavy disc for it.