Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a question about Dr. Logan.

United States

I have a question about Dr. Logan.

In Day of the Dead, the dude shot Logan all across the mid-section, but he never rose. No head-shots, and he stayed down?

United States
    dude, you're not supposed to notice that

Just been bitten Guru ofthe Dead's Avatar

United States
    I noticed that as well. Now I remember somewhere that someone said that Logan was shot in the head. That person need to watch the movie again. Personally I wished that Bub would have infected Logan and the two went on a rampage with the other dead and killed everybody. Sorry I usually side with the dead in GAR's movies because the living get stupid and screw it all up as usual and they need to be taught a lesson in respect for the dead.

Administrator

England
    personally, i thought this was to point out that by the time day was happening, the radiation had reduced to a lower level so that no more fresh zombies would rise.

of course i could be wrong..

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy
    personally, i thought this was to point out that by the time day was happening, the radiation had reduced to a lower level so that no more fresh zombies would rise.

Ya, the old fart that hung himself in Land snapped back ro life and bit his son.
    About Logan....it's also possible that he hadn't turned yet.

Administrator

England
    yeh but land is utter ****e and at the time day was written, romero was adament he wasn't going to make a fourth dead film.

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy

The radiation reduction was addressed in George's original Day script. At the end, someone dies and doesn't revive. Judging by the final product, I doubt that Romero intended to set that precedent.

As for Logan not rising, I am guessing that a headshot was mixed in whether a squibb was set or not (which it wasn't). The same thing happened to Miquel in Dawn. No head squibb, but he died anyway. I doubt Romero envisioned the level of geekdom that would surround this franchise.

As for calling Land s_hite in the wake of Day, I'd say they are both equally deplorable, but at least Land is entertaining.

United States
    the radiation reduction could be a good explanation. because in land of the dead, the "old fart" that hung himself and rose because the radiation was strongest in philedalphia.

United States
    A good possibility is that you are supposed to assume he was hit in the head, even though we did not see it. But lets forget that for a second. It really looks like he was not hit in the head, and also that he did not rise. There is a good explanation for this, but first...
    The fact that in the original Day script someone did not rise because the plague was over must be ignored. We are dealing with the movies that were made, not movies that were not made. If you want to say that, then that lends credibility to my assertion that Land happend before Day.
    But the explanation is this...we do not know for sure that Logan is dead, and/or that he died right away. Many times when someone gets shot, they live for a few minutes afterward, maybe longer, if the bleeding is slow and no major organs were shot. When Bub saw Logan, he may have still been alive (although bound to be dead soon), or Logan's last breath may have just left his body right before Bub came in. Or seeing as they were in a freezer, the ultra-cold conditions may have slowed down the death and/or the revivication process. Any of these ideas is plausible and believable.

Administrator

England
    seeing as he was shot point blank with a machine gun. do you think chances are good that none of his major organs were damaged or he bled slowly?

Banned User

United States
    I'd say that Logan's lack of zombie-ness is probably due more to GAR's lack of talent as a screenwriter more than anything else.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    I'd say that Logan's lack of zombie-ness is probably due more to GAR's lack of talent as a screenwriter more than anything else.
    But, you're an idiot, so your opinion doesn't count.
    go play with them thar Bad News Bears!

United States
    Dude!!!! Good I see why he has no rep.

Canada
    i think that logan did turn, but like it says in the other movies that some peaple come back quicker then others and really it wasnt that long after logan was shot that bub found him . so maybe logan just hadnt turned yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    with comments like that you should be run off this site. romero is a great screenwriter and obviously you havnt realized that yet because you are always bashing him. this site is for fans not for haters so lay off the romero bashing!!!
    Last edited by jdog; 25-May-2006 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    jdog you are going on my buddy list. I guess we could campaign to get him off the site untill he learns that GAR has influenced more directors and screenwriters than obviously what he thinks.