Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Original DAWN had running Zombies

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

The Original DAWN had running Zombies

I was surfing through IMDB.COM and reading the trivia section for DAWN of the DEAD. I like reading these little tidbits, it helps passtime on a slow and boring day. Anyway, as I was scrolling through I read somethng about running zombies and almost said bullsh*t when I read it, but I remembered there is running zombies.

Here is the excerpt

"The two zombie children who attack Peter in the airport chart house are played by Donna Savini and Mike Savini, the real-life niece and nephew of Tom Savini. Incidently, these are the only zombies in all of Romero's "Dead" films that spontaneously run and never do the trademark "Zombie shuffle"."
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed

Great Point!

Whoah! Never thought about that my man. Is this Romero's only zombie anomaly?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I guess so. I don't know. I would assume his line of thinking would be that the kids would be a little more 'Mobile' than say a full grown adult. However, you never know.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is this an attempt to defend the remake?

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Nope,

just something I noticed. However, we could use it as a defense now.

Thanks for bringing it up. You get some rep.

My whole argument has tons of merit now!
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    Nope,

just something I noticed. However, we could use it as a defense now.

Thanks for bringing it up. You get some rep.

My whole argument has tons of merit now!
    Hell, the first zombie (ghoul) we see in Night of the Living Dead is a "runner". But, only a "Zombie runner" not the rediculous "track runner" zombies that Hack Snide-Her had in his piece of Yawn.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome
    Hell, the first zombie (ghoul) we see in Night of the Living Dead is a "runner". But, only a "Zombie runner" not the rediculous "track runner" zombies that Hack Snide-Her had in his piece of Yawn.
    Adreno has a point, here. The zombies mentioned from Romero's films could move alittle faster than others, but they weren't jumping from the bottom of a stairwell to a rail that's about 10 feet above them . They also were'nt screaming like Raptors from Speilberg's "Jurassic Park".

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    Adreno has a point, here. The zombies mentioned from Romero's films could move alittle faster than others, but they weren't jumping from the bottom of a stairwell to a rail that's about 10 feet above them . They also were'nt screaming like Raptors from Speilberg's "Jurassic Park".
    Oh my, I'd forgotten about the silly Spielburg-like roar!

Christmas Island
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311
    It's good to see Dawn '04 get kicked in the balls for running zombies. When it came out people were defending this with "oh when you're dead you are stronger and can run faster and jump higher". They sounded like they were talking about the Six Million Dollar Man.

Australia
    Romero's zombies certainly lunge, lurch and lumber but they have never run faster than to be expected.

We can kid ourselves all we want but the zombs in DAWN04 were agile for one reason and one reason only: because 28 DAYS LATER made money.
    Last edited by Griff; 24-May-2006 at 01:00 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusIncredulous
    It's good to see Dawn '04 get kicked in the balls for running zombies. When it came out people were defending this with "oh when you're dead you are stronger and can run faster and jump higher". They sounded like they were talking about the Six Million Dollar Man.
    I definitely wasn't one of those people. I've said the same thing since I first saw it in theaters: It's a popcorn flick that's good for occasional viewing but has no lasting power.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Griff
    Romero's zombies certainly lunge, lurch and lumber but they have never run faster than to be expected.

We can kid ourselves all we want but the zombs in DAWN04 were agile for one reason and one reason only: because 28 DAYS LATER made money.
    That and people felt running zombies would be scarier. I think they are, and I have no issue with running zombies. It makes it more suspenseful in the grand scheme knowing you have to run faster to get to safety. I don't disagree with the above statement, but none of us really know the reason other than the film crew so for us to even speculate or think we know then we are just blowing smoke out our asses.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

ViP

United States
    The original Night of the Livng Dead featured running zombies as well. If you look closely in the wide shot when Ben is running back to the house with the torch, one or two of the zombies are damn near sprinting.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Now I am going to have to watch NOTLD again. This is the original correct? Or is it the remake? I am curious I have to say.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    I guess so. I don't know. I would assume his line of thinking would be that the kids would be a little more 'Mobile' than say a full grown adult. However, you never know.
    I just think it's the way the kids acted. There's another kid zombie in the film, he's in the mall in a few shots, but he isn't running.