Thread: I Spit On Your Grave remake

capncnut

I Spit On Your Grave remake

Yup, you read it right. The remake of I Spit On Your Grave begins shooting this monday with Steven R. Monroe (who?) behind the camera.

Click for article.

Seems like there's no end to this remake malarky.

United States
    Wow, finally a remake that is almost 100% guaranteed to not be any worse than the original. It would be an amazing feat of film-making to make a film any more terrible.

Then again, I could always be surprised at how atrocious it could actually be.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by JDFP View Post
    Wow, finally a remake that is almost 100% guaranteed to not be any worse than the original. It would be an amazing feat of film-making to make a film any more terrible.

Then again, I could always be surprised at how atrocious it could actually be.

j.p.
    Nope, it'll be worse. The thing that the original had going for it (such as it is) is it's low-tech exploitation-ism. Any remake of such fare will be A) of a decent budget & B) neutered to fit modern PC sensibilities, & thus destined to fail right out of the gate.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    bit of thread necromancy if you like...

Saw this a while ago and wanted to see if anyone had seen it here? Thought it was much better - definitely more believable. No scenes of her leading a guy into a bath for a cuddle after that ordeal, and no sillyness of her convincing the guy with learning difficulties to put his head in a noose, in fact the real tangiable difference is instantly felt in the portrayal of the "retard" - because the stereotype in the original was very much a "retard" by ugly social definition - the character in the remake is very much someone with learning difficulties...much better overall, deaths are better, its more emotional...couldn't complain about this one tbh!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.