Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy to report... Update on my film

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Happy to report... Update on my film

The first 15 minutes + of the film are now complete and edited together with score. We have one more weekend of Principal photography to complete, and then it is all post production from here on out.

Once the last weekend of Principal is in the can... I will put on the web a new trailer and a 2 minute clip from the film for you guys to check out.

DVD Pre-orders: We will be taking orders soon for DVDs. We haven't worked out a final cost or final content structure 100%, but it won't be much longer. We expect to have the film released by December 19th 2006, however it could come a little sooner. (Halloween).
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    That's great news DJ. I'll be looking forward to the new trailer & footage . From what I've seen already you can count on a pre-order from me .

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    *80's style high five* noooiyce!.

great work dj you do some good shiznit.

United States
    I'm definitely looking forward to it!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    COOL! Home movies for sale!

I hope you guys will take checks...

I don't believe in credit cards.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Thanks everyone.

Well a little update. I now have 37 minutes edited together. A full 37 minutes. Not all of the score or sound FX are present yet, but with each day I get more and more completed.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

Just been bitten Pistolero Films's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Hey

I cant wait to see the final product. Post production can be a blessing or a nightmare and I am glad to see it is working in your favour.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Here is a pic of my zombies and I working on the ending for the film. This was our 3rd to last weekend of shooting.

http://img481.imageshack.us/img481/8272/dsc008574eb.jpg
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 14-Jun-2006 at 11:54 AM.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

ViP

United States
    Ok, is that a ghost in the window on the left? Creepy!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't think so... I think it is a statue. However, i don't remember seeing a statue while I was there, but I also didn't spend a lot of time on that back porch.

LouCipherr would be the man to ask on that one.

Another update kids... As of last night I have 51 minutes of the film completed in edit. and most of it is scored. Once we film this weekend it is just a matter of tweaking everything.

I don't think so... I think it is a statue. However, i don't remember seeing a statue while I was there, but I also didn't spend a lot of time on that back porch.

LouCipherr would be the man to ask on that one.

Also, so you know. The three teenage kids are the Spaghetti Industries make-up team. They're one of 4 make-up teams on DEADLANDS. They have been a big help and I know my make-up supervisor Stephanie Petagno was relieved to have some help when they came aboard. These kids do some good work and they worked with us on UNDER THE BED, the short horror film we did for the 48 hour film project. They were delighted to have seen their work on a big screen when UTB showed at the AFI in silver spring.

Another update kids... As of last night I have 51 minutes of the film completed in edit. and most of it is scored. Once we film this weekend it is just a matter of tweaking everything.

Update: what low life skeezball had the balls to give me a negative rep point for this post and not have the mutherf*cking balls to say why. Whoever you are you are a scumbag.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 14-Jun-2006 at 11:54 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States

Sweet!

Nicely done DJ. I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a copy when it is ready.

As for the negative rep points, the whole idea is ridiculous, as I stated months ago, and does nothing but breed animosity amongst users of this board. Why did someone give you a negative rep? There was nothing inflammatory in your post.

BTW... hurry up with that film, willya?

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
    The first 15 minutes + of the film are now complete and edited together with score.

Come on now? Don't tell me i have just wasted the majority of my own personal downtime during the past several months writing/composing/mixing a complete score for your DEADLAND's movie .... which you do not intend to use?

Just been bitten Pistolero Films's Avatar

Undisclosed
    Negative rep point for making us wait too freaking long....hurry up! We can't wait! lol

About your scoring the movie - how is that coming along and how are you doing it? I'm not scoring mine, but I am interested in how you guys are doing it, just in case my plans fail and I gotta do this myself or with another group.

You got a lot of zombies dude....great stuff too!

Love the armless hairy dude...hahaha

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    Come on now? Don't tell me i have just wasted the majority of my own personal downtime during the past several months writing/composing/mixing a complete score for your DEADLAND's movie .... which you do not intend to use?

I still have tons of spaces I need musical score for. I am just waiting for your cd dude. I have to have a score in order to edit. So i had to compose music to get me through the editing process. I can't edit without music.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistolero Films
    Negative rep point for making us wait too freaking long....hurry up! We can't wait! lol

About your scoring the movie - how is that coming along and how are you doing it? I'm not scoring mine, but I am interested in how you guys are doing it, just in case my plans fail and I gotta do this myself or with another group.

You got a lot of zombies dude....great stuff too!

Love the armless hairy dude...hahaha
    I asked Deadman to compase a score for me... I just needed to do a lot of the score so i could edit the film. I can't edit without music. I know that makes me a poor editor, but it is the only way i can get the pacing down correct.

Once he gets me the CD with the music I can drop them into the time line and tweak the edit.

I use a yamaha synth, fruity loops, and Adobe Audition to compose.
    Last edited by DjfunkmasterG; 14-Jun-2006 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish
    Ok, is that a ghost in the window on the left? Creepy!
    Actually, I know it's not a statue - my uncle has no statues in or around his house.

I think it might have been a zombie that wasn't in the picture but was standing behind/next to me while taking the picture. I guess his reflection just showed up in the window. There were lights behind us, so it's possible. Who knows.

51 minutes so far - and I know what scenes you're up to in the film, so all I can say is... woohoo! Color me happy.

Oh, and the 'armless hairy guy' - he appeared elsewhere in the movie too, complete with a bloody human finger lodged in his beard!

BTW: The neg rep thing is foolish, and I agree - it's only going to breed animosity among users, but it's not my board, so who am I, eh?
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 14-Jun-2006 at 05:49 PM.