Thread: Joe Pilato to guest star on "The Walking Dead"?

United States

Joe Pilato to guest star on "The Walking Dead"?

No, not really, (as far as I know), but I was aiming at grabbing your attention. I'm a bastard like that (being around some folks here helps in that department).

Seriously though, I'd love to see some of the folks from the original Holy Trilogy guest star in "The Walking Dead" -- IF done right. Let's face it, I can't think of any of them that have really gone on to have illustrious film careers. That doesn't mean that they couldn't be a good guest star on the show though with the right writing. But, I'd definitely be up to say Pilato or Gaylen Ross, Savini, or Ken Foree stopping in for a guest appearance in an episode. I'd actually really like to see Pilato do a guest spot.

I can hear the detractors now: "No, no, this is a terrible idea. Darabont is trying to break away from the old and bring in something fresh and new." I can understand and appreciate that perspective. I don't think any of the folks from the original trilogy should be plopped in just for the sake of: "Hey! Wouldn't it be cool if...." but more out of giving the real respect for the world that Romero built. I can't think of a better way that Darabont could really give Romero the respect he deserves for the Holy Trilogy than bringing in some of the original blood that helped build it.

Makes me think too, I wonder if Savini or any of the others have made any comments to wanting to step in for a guest role on the show. That would be interesting if they were asked.

Please, for the love of all that is holy, don't turn this into a "Romero V. Darabont" thread. I'm just interested in others opinions on this -- not to bash or attack either.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

United States
    Im with you JD
    Originally Posted by EvilNed
    As a much wiser man than I once said: "We must stop the banning - or loose the war."

United States
    didn't somebody just mention the other day that nicotero was the zombie eating the deer?

and if any of those mentioned in jp's post show up, i'd prefer them to be featured zombies, nothing more.

England
    Excellent idea. Any of the actors that appeared in the trilogy should get a turn on TWD by default. I would love to see that especially Big Ken.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

United States
    So far the only links for Romero's original trilogy to The Walking Dead have been Greg Nicotero & Howard Berger(efx), Ernest Dickerson(directed episode 5), and Taso Stavrakis(zombie cameo under tank)...that I know of.
    I would love to see some other Romero alumni get a shot at directing, such as John Harrison or Tom Savini. It would also be cool to see someone like Terry Alexander have a role on the show in some capacity.

Dead

United States
    and if any of those mentioned in jp's post show up, i'd prefer them to be featured zombies, nothing more.
    I'll 2nd that. While I wouldn't really have a problem with it because nothing could take away from this series now, IMO anywy.
    BUt I don't see this as the Romero zombie world. While there are obvious similarities, this is the new zombie world that Romero could've easily had but dropped the ball with his last few flicks.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by thxleo View Post
    So far the only links for Romero's original trilogy to The Walking Dead have been Greg Nicotero & Howard Berger(efx), Ernest Dickerson(directed episode 5), and Taso Stavrakis(zombie cameo under tank)...that I know of.
    I would love to see some other Romero alumni get a shot at directing, such as John Harrison or Tom Savini. It would also be cool to see someone like Terry Alexander have a role on the show in some capacity.
    From your lips to AMC's ears! This would be great.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Harrison, Savini, etc? Okay. Keep Romero away, imo.

No need to soil a second series....

Norway
    Savini will show up given half a chance. Hmmm He could play the governor.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    Wow, that would be brilliant. Seriously I love that idea.

Super Moderator

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Trencher View Post
    He's got the look, but I'm not sure if he has the chops. That character really shouldn't be hammed up. At all.

That's all I'll say about it without spoiler tags.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by AcesandEights View Post
    He's got the look, but I'm not sure if he has the chops. That character really shouldn't be hammed up. At all.

That's all I'll say about it without spoiler tags.
    That is true, and I took a bit to consider this. I was wondering if he has the range to pull it off... in the end he might not but I guess sentimentality took over.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    i want to see a logan's run/fantastic journey crossover. think, think i say, of the possibilities.
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."