Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tron: Legacy

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed

Tron: Legacy

Anyone see it yet? I saw it today.

I saw the original Tron this morning, never having seen it before. After that we headed straight to the cinema and watched it in 3D. It was actually my first 3D experience.

The film? It was great. Loved it from the very start. Tied in with the original, which I also thought was great! I'm definetly gonna get both on DVD.

The images were awesome, as were the intense fights. The great thing about it was that, due to the story, it was just very creative and fun, especially in the fight scenes. Were they the best I'd ever seen? No, but it was some of the most fun I'd ever had watching action scenes. They're inside a computer system, they can do pretty much anything they want. Reminds me of The Matrix a lot, now that I think of it...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Haven't seen either myself, but I got a good chuckle when I compared the films budgets

Original Tron $17,000,00
    Tron Legacy: $170,000,000
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    thirty years will do that, DJ.

I can't really remember the first, but they've really made this sequel look interesting.

Olivia Wilde doesn't hurt, either.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    seeing it later this week. Loved tron growing up and jeff bridges is probably my favourite actor so im pretty excited for this.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG View Post
    Original Tron $17,000,00
    Tron Legacy: $170,000,000
    If you adjust for inflation, 17 Million is of course more today than what it appears to be.

Super Moderator

United States
    I'll see it...someday! Wish it could be sooner than waiting for it to come out post-theater, but that's the way it is nowadays for me.

Still though, it looks interesting and damned pretty.

"Men choose as their prophets those who tell them that their hopes are true." --Lord Dunsany

HpotD Curry Champion krakenslayer's Avatar

Scotland
    I saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it! There have been lots of complaints about the simple plot, but I thought the storyline was pretty engrossing, particularly when viewed in the light of the first film. Perhaps that's why I enjoyed it so much: I'd watched Tron 1 the previous evening. A lot of the depth in Tron 2 comes from knowing the characters and situations of the first film. Watching it without that knowledge, the film probably would not seem as deep and interesting. It was really exciting too, and there were some interesting philosophical points about intelligent programs and life itself (the isos).

I thought Tron himself got a bit of a raw deal, though. It was cool to see him do what he did, but there was a hint of "writer's afterthought" around the relative brevity of his appearance. Also, while the world looked stunning, I actually slightly preferred the visuals in the first movie, as it felt more like an ethereal digitized world than the glassy future world of Tron Legacy.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Loved it, my favorite disney movie in a good long while. shame they never had the tron world enter the real one like they hinted at but for a pretty simple plot you get a really fun sci-fi movie. i can recommend it, great soundtrack, great visuals and jeff bridges dont disappoint.

Chasing Prey

Undisclosed
    Can't wait for this film, sounds awesome - Jeff didn't seem too happy being filmed entirely on chromakey though!
    Innocent victims of merciless crimes, fall prey to some madman's impulsive designs.

Step after step we try controlling our fate. When we finally start living, it's become too late.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by SymphonicX View Post
    Can't wait for this film, sounds awesome - Jeff didn't seem too happy being filmed entirely on chromakey though!
    because he was high as fuck at the time and, like, totally thought it was an invisible demon, man.

United States
    I can't believe it when I hear people have never seen TRON. It was just about the coolest thing that ever came out back in the day.
    Just look at my face. You can tell I post at HPOTD.

Banned
    Banned User

United States
    I only saw it once... but yeah, it was cool... reminded me of Logan's Run in a way... it's good. I still don't know if I should bother seeing this new movie, though...

Administrator

England
    Saw it a couple of nights ago...

Exceeded my expectations! The soundtrack and visuals were just beautiful IMHO!

The story line let it down a little, but I still really enjoyed it!

I guess the biggest let down was how the name sake of the film, Tron, was seemingly so lost in this film. There was no real explanation what happened to him and indeed why he suddenly chanegd colours (sides) at the end
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Pretty much sums it up for everyone, superb soundtracks and superb visuals, so-so story.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    Pretty much sums it up for everyone, superb soundtracks and superb visuals, so-so story.
    I've heard a lot of "meh" regarding the story, and while - sure - the story could have used some extra TLC, I didn't find it to be anywhere near as "meh" as I'd been expecting, so that was a plus for me. There was still lots of stuff in there that I really enjoyed ... and Qora ... mmmmmm.

It's taken me three attempts to get to see it, and I finally saw it this afternoon - and I absolutely loved it - and yeah, the visuals are fantastic and the soundtrack is tremendous, which is exactly why I've got it on the way.