Thread: Could Bride of Chucky count as a "romance" film?

United States

Could Bride of Chucky count as a "romance" film?

I'm actually a big fan of the movie Bride of Chucky, I loved Jennifer Tilly's performance as the hot-but-creepy girlfriend of the killer doll Chucky who becomes a doll like him.

Anyways I think what makes this film so awesome is that it's not only horror but also seems to be a combination of things like comedy, and possibly even romance.

I know that's disturbing to think of the film as a romance movie, but you gotta admit the romance is there. Chucky and Tiffany's "love" is shown in the movie with all the cliche cheesiness you'd expect from a romance film but done in a dark and twisted way. They're always in-love and then fighting each other like any real couple, and they use something they're both into, which is murder, as a form of foreplay.

Plus I can't help but find the relationship between Chucky and Tiffany touching. What do you guys think of this?

United States
    Yeah, but the puppet sex in Team America beats it all to heck.
    Tilly does give me wood, though...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by rongravy View Post
    Tilly does give me wood, though...
    There IS something about her, isn't there? I kinda know in the back of my mind that I really shouldn't be attracted, but somehow I can't shake it. There are several pros and cons with the lady, but I just can't put my finger on it. It was only made worse once she started playing poker on the tube. That pretty much sealed the deal.

As for the movie - Haven't seen it in years. From what I remember I wasn't too impressed, but I could definitely see it as a fun guilty pleasure kind of flick. My favorites are still the first and second. Even the third has some kind of appeal. "Seed" however, should have all copies burned. I couldn't make it half way through that thing...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    There IS something about her, isn't there? I kinda know in the back of my mind that I really shouldn't be attracted, but somehow I can't shake it. There are several pros and cons with the lady, but I just can't put my finger on it. It was only made worse once she started playing poker on the tube. That pretty much sealed the deal.
    It's her slutty voice, and her overall sluttiness aura. Her sister was a bigger name for awhile, but she just doesn't have it. She's skinnier, where Jennifer is curvy and oh so jiggly in the right places. If you were banging her sister, Meg, she's the one you'd be thinking about.
    It's natural, don't even try to explain it to yourself, let alone fight it...

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Damn Ron.....you've thought this out...

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I would take Jen over Meg any day of the week. Jen is just the right kind of slut.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

United States
    Yeah Jennifer Tilly is pretty damn hot, but it's kind of ironic how her character Tiffany made it clear that she wasn't a slut, stating that "I'll kill anybody but I'll only sleep with somebody I love". You gotta love a femme fatale with old fashion values. :P

United States
    Jennifer Tilly=Hot. Curvy, breathy voice, huge assets.

Even though Bride is where the series has now taken a turn that it is hard to come back from (over the top cheesey w/ humor) I do really like it. Great comeback for Chucky, nice new look & adds the new element of Tiffany in to keep it fresh.

United States
    There is a Child's Play remake slated for 2013.

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by UndeadChicken View Post
    I'm actually a big fan of the movie Bride of Chucky
    Lol, I suppose it could be.