Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Underated horror movies

Being Attacked

UK

Underated horror movies

hey guys this thread is for people to talk about and reccomend what they feel are underated horror movies, cant wait to hear your opinions anyway here are some of mine,
    1.the exorcism of emily rose (brilliant, scary and tense)
    2.the mothman prophecies ( very well made and creepy)
    3.the signal (brutal, funny and shocking)

i know there's only 3 but these are 3 strong movies i recommend, any thoughs

United States
    Hmmm...Let's see.
    1. In Bad Taste (low-brow, disgusting, and hilarious all at once. A classic in my mind)
    2. Tucker and Dale vs Evil (newer but not many have seen it- f*cking great!)
    3. Parents (1989-w/Randy Quaid of all people! hahaa!)
    I may think of more...I'm at work and have to go for a minute though...hahaa!
    Last edited by Tricia Martin; 14-Jan-2012 at 05:52 PM. Reason: title was wrong

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i LOVE mothman prophecies, the cinematography and soundtrack is superb.

off the top of my head:

The Others starring nichole kidman, old timey english manor home is haunted or something i cant spoil very good watch.
    the last exorcism, starts like a cheesy POV documentary and ends cheesy but has so many twists that you cannot predict the ending, its just a goddamn maze.
    the american remake of the grudge. most people wrote this off from faux film snobbery because its an american remake, what most dont know is its the same writer and director as the origional ju-on, he jumped at the chance to retell it with more funding and with ideas on how to overcome the flaws and you get a far more tightly paced flick that in many ways outdoes the original. not extremely, but enough to make it worth watching in its own right as more than a cash in.

Being Attacked

UK
    i loved the remake of the grudge that shit was f*cked up, and yeah the last exorcism was cool but i expected more

-- -------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

i do wanna see tucker and dale vs evil

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by daz of the dead View Post
    i loved the remake of the grudge that shit was f*cked up, and yeah the last exorcism was cool but i expected more

-- -------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 PM ----------

i do wanna see tucker and dale vs evil
    Tucker and Dale are on Netflix streaming...if you have Netflix, I highly suggest it! I didn't stop laughing the whole way through! THEN when it was over I re-watched the trailer...it made it even funnier...hahaa! I never re-watch trailers but this case was different.

Being Attacked

UK
    lol ill deffo watch it

United States
    Jeepers Creepers

Undisclosed
    I find that foreign made horror is not only higher quality is composed of ORIGINAL material, unlike the crappy remakes and sequels being pumped out of Hollywood.

Here are a few that come to mind:

I Saw the Devil (Korea)
    Martyrs (France)
    Mum and Dad (England)
    Irreversible (France)
    Srpski Film (Serbia)
    Inside (France)
    Silk (Taiwan)
    Prayer Beads -horror anthology series (Japan)

Being Attacked

UK
    i agree fully there fulci fan i cant believe jeepers creepers slipped my list, great film although the sequal was terrible

United States
    I think that it is much more than a "horror" movie, but that would be the easiest way to categorize it (and that it how it is in fact categorized) and that movie would be
    "Triangle". I am shocked that it doesnt have a higher rating on imdb, but I give it my strongest recommendation.

And although it is not a zombie film at all, I rank "Triangle" as my second favorite movie of all time, behind GAR's Dawn of the Dead.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    A couple have been said, but I'll back them up:

-Parents
    -Triangle
    -Session 9
    -The Gate
    -House
    -Bloody Birthday
    -Brainscan
    -Right At Your Door
    -Witchboard

There are more but I'm too tired to think of them.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Is Tucker and Dale VS Evil a horror film? It seems more like a comedy to me. Although I'll agree that it's great regardless of the genre....

I'm not a huge horror fan, but Night of the Creeps and The Omega Man come to mind. NOC is cheesy as all hell, but it's fun and has some creepy moments. I mention TOM because I often bring it up while people are discussing Will Smith's I Am Legend and they have no idea that the story has been filmed before. Three times, actually. Heston's is the best, imo.

If we were recommending films outside of this forum, Day and Dawn are at the top of my list. It never ceases to amaze me how many people know about Night and the Dawn remake, but have no idea the original Dawn and Day even exist. I've learned to accept Dawn04 over the years, but I still can't understand how everyone knows that movie, yet have no idea it's a remake of a far superior film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    The Parent Trap. It's scary as shit at first when you realize Lindsay Lohan's in it, but the director knows that card's been played before and throws in another Lindsay Lohan!

Undisclosed
    Superstition.

United States
    Ghost Story (1981)

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse