Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Governor casting news

United States

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    oh f*ck yes.... I've seen David Morrissey play a bad guy before and OMG, he can do it well....

still think Tom Savini should do it but, next best thing!

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I've got no problem with the actor, but this is a HUGE spoiler. Now everyone knows whats coming next season. And it's a plotline that's coming much too soon, imo.

Way to go AMC......
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Feb-2012 at 01:26 AM. Reason: .

Gospel Oak/Chalk Farm (around that area), Camden, London
    UK
    too soon? Well, hasn't there already been a bigger spoiler released? (thanks io9 you jerks!)

Can't reveal here (because i have no idea how to do spoiler thing) but i'm sure it's well known by now...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman View Post
    I've got no problem with the actor, but this is a HUGE spoiler. Now everyone knows whats coming next season. And it's a plotline that's coming much too soon, imo.

Way to go AMC......
    Well, it's a kind of a spoiler to people who have read the comics. But since they are changing things around so much on this show who knows how, when and where we will meet this character? I mean, if you read the comics the fact that at one point the governor would feature in the series isn't that huge a spoiler. Well, not to me at least. People aren't as squeamish when Michone gets mentioned but drop the g******* name and....
    Now, if you haven't read the comics: god knows who this governor is then. Again; not that much of a spoiler.
    Last edited by krisvds; 25-Feb-2012 at 07:14 AM. Reason: .

England
    Another Brit?
    Cor blimey guvnor :-)
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by krisvds View Post
    People aren't as squeamish when Michone gets mentioned but drop the g******* name and....

It's not about his character's name or him being in the show. Along with other certain characters and locations, Kirkman has always said the Governor will appear at some point. My problem is that they've announced him long before those other certain events have taken place. I personally don't think they've changed the show too much from the comics. I'm often shocked when people say that. They've only expanded on certain plots and locations. Sure, there are 16 episodes next season to get around to the points i've hinted at, but the fact that they've officially announced him before we've even seen a hint at the other characters and scenarios that lead into the Woodbury storyline, really bothers me.

After the farm, there are certain things that need to happen before we meet the Governor.
    Last edited by bassman; 25-Feb-2012 at 02:16 PM. Reason: .

Just been bitten Christopher Jon's Avatar

United States
    After the farm, there are certain things that need to happen before we meet the Governor.
    Those things and the Governor are what caused me to stop reading the comic. I could nit-pick the show to death but I'm a bigger fan of the show. The comic I thought was just getting stupid. Did it ever recover?

Undisclosed
    It's not about his character's name or him being in the show. Along with other certain characters and locations, Kirkman has always said the Governor will appear at some point. My problem is that they've announced him long before those other certain events have taken place. I personally don't think they've changed the show too much from the comics. I'm often shocked when people say that. They've only expanded on certain plots and locations. Sure, there are 16 episodes next season to get around to the points i've hinted at, but the fact that they've officially announced him before we've even seen a hint at the other characters and scenarios that lead into the Woodbury storyline, really bothers me.

I see where you're coming from, but to the people who havent read the comics the simple fact that an actor was cast to play the governor spoils what exactly?
    Those things that need to happen probably will. At least i hope so too. However, when i said the writers of the series were changing the comic book quite a bit I was mainly thinking of how they were changing the timeline: some characters live longer than in the comic and some die quite a bit faster ... Sophia's fate WAS quite a change no?
    So perhaps we'll get introduced to G faster than in the comics? We'll just have to wait and see.
    Last edited by krisvds; 25-Feb-2012 at 04:45 PM. Reason: .

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    here i thought this was news about Arnold joining the cast of the walking dead. then i remembered the comics. damn.

i'd rather it be Arnold all told...
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

Administrator

England
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/17508240

David Morrissey says he is 'very excited' to be joining the cast of zombie drama The Walking Dead, but admits there is little he is allowed to say about his character The Governor.

-- -------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Cykotic View Post
    still think Tom Savini should do it but, next best thing!
    Do you not think Joseph Pilato would have been interesting?
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Savini and Pilato would have just hammed it up, imo. While I enjoy them in their other respective roles, I just don't see them having the ability to blend with the cailber of actors already established in TWD.

Being Attacked

England
    The Governor is a sadistic, seething bastard though (at least after a while) but still have that crazy glint in his eye when normal, why I thought Savini would have been good.

I find Morrissey can be hit and miss sometimes

Ireland
    Savini and Pilato would have just hammed it up, imo. While I enjoy them in their other respective roles, I just don't see them having the ability to blend with the cailber of actors already established in TWD.
    Agreed.

Savini can't act and Pilato is capt Rhodes. Not to mention, he's been out of the game for a long time AFAIK.
    I'm runnin' this monkey farm now Frankenstein.....

England
    Apparently David Morrisey is a friend of Andy Lincolns and was introduced to AMC by him.
    The body is the instrument on which imagination plays.

MY HOME CINEMA