Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chernobyl Diaries (film)

Administrator

England
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    As Danny can atest to, you say "Chernobyl", and I come running with my morbid fascination with the place...

Was a little "hmmm" when I saw the preview image connecting it to the Paranormal Activity dude, but I see it's more of a 'produced/presented by' situation, and indeed - thankfully - not a 'found footage' jobby. This could be really predictable, or it could be really cool, but just for taking place in Chernobyl (and seemingly being partly filmed there) this is a must-watch for me. Thanks for the heads-up ... I hadn't even heard of this flick until just now.

Administrator

England
    ^^ Knew you'd be first to bite this
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    ^^ Knew you'd be first to bite this

I've even downloaded the trailer in HD so I can look at it more closely, repeatedly.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by minionzombie View Post
    :d

i've even downloaded the trailer in hd so i can look at it more closely, repeatedly.
    lol!!
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    MZ, did you see the Universal Soldier film set there? It was actually very good for being a fifth installment.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I'm going to see this right after I watch Paranormal Activity again!

Which is never....

Undisclosed
    Man, how MANY TIMES are they going to make the same "idiot couples go somewhere they shouldn't to do stupid things that gets them killed" movie? What will the sequel be? A group of college friends vacationing in Japan decide to skydive into Fukushima to have some sauna time in reactor #4's spent fuel rod pool?

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    MZ, did you see the Universal Soldier film set there? It was actually very good for being a fifth installment.
    Aye I have. It had some good action, but the plot was a tad sketchy in the talky parts - however it was pretty good. Technically it's the third film in the series (there were two 'side sequels' that didn't follow the main flow, and then there was the proper sequel with Van Damme ... which was kinda, hmmm ... and now this latest one, which yeah, was pretty decent).

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    well that looks like dogshit, but of course im going to bloody watch it. mumbling 'get out of here stalker' under my breath as i do

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    well that looks like dogshit, but of course im going to bloody watch it. mumbling 'get out of here stalker' under my breath as i do
    And like three times in a row, everytime some shifty looking Stalker happens to walk by on their way to the bar.

I'm reserving judgement until I've seen it - like I've said, it could be shit, or it could be pretty creepy ... will just have to see when I get around to seeing it.

Chasing Prey

Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post

actually third because the other films save for the original and part 2 were made without consent of the original writer. so they're nearly black market.

United States
    This is definitely in my Netflix queue (along with 245 other films that are "saved" that haven't come out yet I want to see).

I think I'll save this one for Halloween this year or maybe next year if it's not released by Halloween.

j.p.
    "Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid." - Ronald Wilson Reagan

"A page of good prose remains invincible." - John Cheever

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Looks like shit, but I'm a complete sucker for abandoned stuff (as some of you know), so I'll be seeing it for sure.

Aaland
    I hope that in the next ten years people (like me) start to write more scripts that derail from the traditional couple gets lost and finds something crazy and everyone dies but one person routine. Originality has been lost for some time now and we need to change that.