Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone see high tension?

United States

Anyone see high tension?

It came highly reccomended from a trusted source. I'll be checking it out tomorrow.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

Banned User

United States
    I saw this when it first came to DVD. I really enjoyed this movie until the ending. The ending really disappointed me.

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeah I got the DVD for my birthday this year. After having seen Aja's good work on the Hills Have Eyes remake (a good flick actually, I own the DVD ... of both too), anyway, having seen Hills06, I got High Tension (aka Switchblade Romance - a title which makes a lot more sense after you've seen the whole flick) and I have to say I really liked it, I thought it was excellent.

Quite something as it's a French horror film, and generally speaking, the French don't "do" horror films, in fact their history in the genre could be written on the back of a postage stamp.

I really dug this flick, just sit back and enjoy. I got the unrated version, and it's great stuff, some good gore moments too - watch out for the chest of drawers!

Undisclosed
    One of the better rentals I've had recently. A 3 out of 5.

ViP

United States
    The best Slasher film since Scream. Dark, brooding and full of tension.

Super Moderator

UK
    Best slasher since Scream?

Dude...*slaps Axlish*

Now, I'll appreciate that Scream was a considerable cultural moment and did something new with a tired out genre (1990s slashers basically suck completely), but ... dude...Axlish has gone all MTV

High Tension goes back to slasher roots, but makes something fresh with them. I guess that's what comes when you take a French director making a French slasher flick (which basically, don't exist)...a great flick. I'm looking forward to seeing what Aja puts out next (hopefully still horror).

Haiti
    Not that good really, though it had it's moments; jeers to the sideboard, cheers to the stihl saw!! .
    My favourite French language film has to be "Man Bites Dog" aka "C'est arrive pres de chez vous". Watch that instead, it's more violent, scary and thought provoking than a lot of the stuff out there and a damned sight funnier too.
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

Banned User

United States
    I loved it. i thought it was origional, well made and a great scary flick! And thank you for bringing it up i forgot the name of the movie and trying to remember was driving me nuts!

Heidi

ViP

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie
    Best slasher since Scream?

Dude...*slaps Axlish*

Now, I'll appreciate that Scream was a considerable cultural moment and did something new with a tired out genre
    Correct, it did.

(1990s slashers basically suck completely), but ... dude...Axlish has gone all MTV
    Yes, 90's slashers do suck, except for Scream, which was the first 90's origin slasher. A very creative film, the Halloween sequence towards the end was worth the price of admission.

High Tension goes back to slasher roots, but makes something fresh with them.
    Which is exactly what Scream did.

Undisclosed
    Saw it last week. Not bad. I would like to check out the unrated version and see what was taken out.

United States

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    I loved it. i thought it was origional, well made and a great scary flick! And thank you for bringing it up i forgot the name of the movie and trying to remember was driving me nuts!

Heidi

If I ever want another movie review from you I'll make sure I post it 6 months before I plan on watching the film.

How far back did you dig for that one?
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

Super Moderator

UK
    You do realise it was slickwilly who resurrected this thread right? HLS posted in response the day after your thread-originating post.

Canada
    its a good flick with good gore and an original story. what eles can you ask for.
    we keep it real gangsta down here in canada. ehh

Undisclosed
    Is it just me or did Alex have big horse teeth? Short hair chick was cute in a lez way.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    You do realise it was slickwilly who resurrected this thread right? HLS posted in response the day after your thread-originating post.
    No I did not. I niw reapply that same comment to him.

After watching the movie I thought it was OK. The severed head BJ sceen makes no sense, but it had some cool parts. I give it a 1.8 out of 4.