Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I Am Legend... *groan*

Administrator

England

I Am Legend... *groan*

www.aintitcoolnews.com/display.cgi?id=24385

Really not expecting much with Will Smith involved
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Well, by co-incidence, I just watched Vincent Price in "The Last Man on Earth" last week for the first time, and I was surprised at how much I liked it. There are some problems with it, but a lot of nice attention to detail, like how he gets gas from abandoned fuel trucks in order to fill his generator so he has power. When I first saw he has lights inside, I was like "how could he have that three years later", then they show him getting gas. I recommend that movie very highly, especially to people on this board.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Well, by co-incidence, I just watched Vincent Price in "The Last Man on Earth" last week for the first time, and I was surprised at how much I liked it. There are some problems with it, but a lot of nice attention to detail, like how he gets gas from abandoned fuel trucks in order to fill his generator so he has power. When I first saw he has lights inside, I was like "how could he have that three years later", then they show him getting gas. I recommend that movie very highly, especially to people on this board.

Ya it was an awesome movie. Vincent price is the king of horror in my opinion. Theater of Blood is my fav

Fiji
    At this point i'm fully expecting it to suck. i think the guy that directed "Constantine" is running this now. which constantine was easily one of the worst comic adapations i've seen. In adition to the film being about as coheirant as a "made for SciFi" original movie.

Further with the prominence of that horrible product placement by Ford. i can only begin to imagine how utterly horrible "Legend" will end up.

Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by p2501 View Post
    At this point i'm fully expecting it to suck. i think the guy that directed "Constantine" is running this now. which constantine was easily one of the worst comic adapations i've seen. In adition to the film being about as coheirant as a "made for SciFi" original movie.

Further with the prominence of that horrible product placement by Ford. i can only begin to imagine how utterly horrible "Legend" will end up.
    Yeah, "Constantine" sucked the big one alright, it was really bad.
    I don't hold out much hope for this either. Thing is, Matheson's novel is so beloved by fans of this genre that nothing short of genius will do when it comes to making the jump to the silver screen, I fear we're going to be very pissed of by this.
    All together now; " In West Philidelphia, born and raised...."
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah i saw this on one of the blakc and white oldie channels on sky a week ago and i loved the attention to detail, and vincent price is the ****ing man!

Just been bitten TheWalkingDude's Avatar

Undisclosed
    I loved that old V.P. Movie and i also liked The Omega Man with Charlton Heston
    Member of the Pittsburgh Pimp Squad....... Playersssssssss Pimpin Aint Easyyyyyyyy

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkingDude View Post
    I loved that old V.P. Movie and i also liked The Omega Man with Charlton Heston
    I LOOOOOVVVEE "The Omega Man"... There's a small homage to it in my story "The Midas Touch"
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

Canada
    will smith is the worst possible choice to play robert neville. there is no way that he can pull this off. this is worse (if that is possible) than him playing jim west in that travestical piece of s*ite "wild, wild, west."

Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I LOOOOOVVVEE "The Omega Man"... There's a small homage to it in my story "The Midas Touch"
    omega man kicks mega amounts of gluteous. charleton heston with automatic weapons and the freedom to use them on anything that moves. classic.
    Last edited by Mike70; 08-Sep-2006 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "The bumps you feel are asteroids smashing into the hull."

United States
    I have the movie and have watched it many many times it is one of the best HORROR films for its time! I always have thought NOTLD and Last Man On Earth are the best scarey movies I h ave seen! Vincent Price is the MAN!!!!
    LOVE LOVE LOVE his voice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HLS View Post
    Ya it was an awesome movie. Vincent price is the king of horror in my opinion. Theater of Blood is my fav
    I definitely agree he is the BEST!!! THE KING OF HORROR!!!!HANDS DOWN!!!!
    Last edited by Debbieangel; 09-Sep-2006 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

United States
    News Flash: The Fresh Prince of Bel Air destroys another scifi movie

Big Surprise...

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter View Post
    News Flash: The Fresh Prince of Bel Air destroys another scifi movie

Big Surprise...
    I'm still trying to figure out how he made it out of the MTV scene and into Hollywood.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah amen to that.

Administrator

England
    A little bit more on it giving a of an insight into the film.

www.aintitcool.com/node/30152
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    No way, you wrote the Midas Touch? I loved that story, the Jason idea was really really cool.

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007