Thread: Has anyone seen the horror "Dead End"?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Has anyone seen the horror "Dead End"?

I just saw this movie for the first time. I thought it was pretty entertaining. Very predictable, but the actors were great. It's got a decent story-line and is extremely whacky and off-beat at times, with a sparse amount of comedy thrown in. Also does a good job at giving you the sense of despair and insanity that's seeping into the character's minds.

It stars Lin Shaye, notable from such movies as Snakes On A Plane, Detroit Rock City, Kingpin, There's Something About Mary, Dumb And Dumber, and many more. She does an amazing acting job, as usual.

I suppose I'd give this movie a 7 out of 10.

United States
    Yes, I saw this movie, and to be honest, I was expecting the worst... I was surprised by it though. It was one of those movies that built tension from the very beginning and kinda twisted the story at the end - but I enjoyed it. It wasn't the best, but it was a good movie, and worth the rental, so go check it out.

The funniest part of the movie is when the mom flipped out & started eating the pie in the back seat. I think it was safe to say she completely "lost it" at one point.

LC
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 07-Sep-2006 at 12:17 PM.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post

The funniest part of the movie is when the mom flipped out & started eating the pie in the back seat. I think it was safe to say she completely "lost it" at one point.

LC
    Lin Shaye is my favorite in this flick! She plays a wonderful "nervous breakdown - freak out".
    and, Alexandra Holden is always pleasant to gawk at. (or drool over)
    Like you, I was expecting pure cheese and not much of a plot; I really enjoyed it, tho - I eventually bought it (my girlfriend loves this movie, mainly for the campy humor).

Banned User

United States
    I caught this flick on showtime or one of those channels a couple months back. When I saw it I had no expectations of what it was as it came on after something I was watching. This little movie suprised me in a good way. I thought it was fresh, original, and enjoyably strange. It's a must see in my book so if you haven't seen it check it out.

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Glad to see I wasn't the only one caught off guard by this one.

United States
    Me too, Mike. I thought someone would bash us for sure saying "ewww, that movie sucked!"

I dunno, there was something about it that made me actually enjoy watching it. I saw it on the blockbuster shelf and my wife jumped right on it and said "let's get this!" i thought "oh man, another budget horror movie... but ok, whatever you wanna rent" and I was pleasantly surprised.

LC
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 07-Sep-2006 at 06:55 PM. Reason: spelling

United States

ohhh hated that movie

I remember seeing the previews for this and just not going to see it... next thing I know its on the telly at 3am so I watched it and was mega disappointed. Wasn't scary and went slow... felt like I was watching a Stanley Kubrick movie

But the guy who drove the deathmobile in the end was hot... somehow that made it worthwhile
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html