UK

Cinema calls emergency service 3 times during SAW 3

United States
    bunch of friggin' lightweights.

Super Moderator

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    bunch of friggin' lightweights.

Spot on there Lou, I'm quite amazed people are passing out from a movie in this day and age of DVD where films are so demystified. I haven't seen Saw 3 yet, but I'm looking forward to checking it out (even though Saw 2 was a let down), hopefully 3 is better than 2 (1 rocked).

I've never witnessed anyone fainting in the cinema from a movie, but when I saw Land of the Dead 3 people walked out when the guts started flying and when I went to see the remake of Hills Have Eyes another cluster of people left when the caravan invasion was underway. Both times looked at the person I was there with and we were both quite taken aback that people were leaving the cinema because of the gore/violence...next up, faining people!

United States
    What gets me is, what did these people expect? I mean, they obviously saw at least part 1 or 2 of "Saw" so they knew it would be a pretty extreme movie judging from the other two.

Besides, anyone who is so scared of a horror movie (at least at our age) that they need to call an ambulance really is a wuss of maximum proportions and shouldn't have been in the theatre anyway. I've seen people walk out of movies, but that's as far as it ever got.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    Besides, anyone who is so scared of a horror movie (at least at our age) that they need to call an ambulance really is a wuss of maximum proportions and shouldn't have been in the theatre anyway. I've seen people walk out of movies, but that's as far as it ever got.
    I had to call an ambulance when I saw Yawn '04 in the theater....but, that's because the movie was so meretriciously terrible that I went mad and gouged my eyes out with a rusty meat hook ( I always carry a spare) and swallowed a handful of Placidils to ease the pain said movie induced.

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

This is probably just a publicity stunt.....

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

This is probably just a publicity stunt.....
    That's the first thing I thought.....Theaters did that all the time back in the '50's and '60's.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I've never witnessed anyone fainting in the cinema from a movie, but when I saw Land of the Dead 3 people walked out when the guts started flying and when I went to see the remake of Hills Have Eyes another cluster of people left when the caravan invasion was underway. Both times looked at the person I was there with and we were both quite taken aback that people were leaving the cinema because of the gore/violence...next up, faining people!
    I saw 5 people being carefully led out of a cinema with maybe 100 or so more leaving on their own accord, a number of which were in tears. The movie? Gaspar Noe's 'Irresversible'. Need I say any more?

United States
    I wish I got so scared I hadda walk out lol

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i think its bull the average chav or towny wouldnt be bothered and niether would horror fans so unless theres a bunch of deeply religous eldery people going into the wrong theatre on a trip from the old folks home i reckon its publicity, cus its the perfect crowd drawer "movie so gory makes people puke"

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrenochrome View Post
    I had to call an ambulance when I saw Yawn '04 in the theater....but, that's because the movie was so meretriciously terrible that I went mad and gouged my eyes out with a rusty meat hook ( I always carry a spare) and swallowed a handful of Placidils to ease the pain said movie induced.

*kicks adrenochrome in the nuts*

How did I know that was coming?