Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rasmus

England

The Rasmus

OK let me explain to start with...

I am pretty sure everyone else who has heard them will say they suck or there HIM wannabees or something like that. I am just wondering if i am the only fan in the world of theres.

I knew them pre in the shadows, when they were more fun rock/ non goth rockers, and there music was BRILLIANT! tracks like F-F-F-Falling and bullet kick arse and before this stage they realeased 2 albums full of punk ska and this too kick some saw arse!

I have seen them in concert 4 times since there Dead Letters release in 04 and each time they really out on a great performance. There fans are overly devoted and the band themselves are really great people.

I was looking through the forum to see what people thought of them and they were acyually only mentioned twice and they were slated both times haha.

But to be honest if you have any time you want to waste and most possibly say "i could have done something better with my time" then listen to tracks from the "hellofacollection" CD as its the best of before they because wanna be goth rockers.

Scotty!

Kazakhstan
    lol i also was aware of them before they underwent a goth-ification, i just thought it was a different band with the same name till i saw something in metal hammer about it.

it's not my cup of tea, but i dont find it as annoying as stuff like HIM or my chemical romance.

England
    Im not a fan,indie over goth anyday!the clothes are better & the music is catchier different strokes for different folks though!

capncnut
    Most definitely NOT! But I still like you bro.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    actually i do prefer HIM though they are a good band, but i aint heard owt about em in a good long time.

Super Moderator

UK
    *sigh* I dislike how HIM gets lumped in with all these sorta bands because of Kerrang! magazine...yeesh.

Anyway, personally I can't stand the rasmus. Ever since British/American record companies eventually got around to distributing HIM there's been a neverending onslaught of "similar" bands, like those guys who did "Nemo" (although I actually like that song) and of course the bleedin' rasmus (each to their own, but I can't stand them personally).

Now I'm gonna sound like Jack Black in High Fidelity or something, but ... *clears throat, stands on soap box* I was into HIM before they were made into Kerrang-fodder, by, well...Kerrang. hehe

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Kerrang! used to be a great metal zine. Now they talk about HIM and bands like that?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    wait kerrang used to be good?, hmm over here in the uk the mags allways been crap what with falout boy as cover stories and wha not, id rather spend my money on metal hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

Now I'm gonna sound like Jack Black in High Fidelity or something, but ... *clears throat, stands on soap box* I was into HIM before they were made into Kerrang-fodder, by, well...Kerrang. hehe
    im guessing via cky like i did
    Last edited by Danny; 14-Nov-2006 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Yep. Take a look at their issues in the 80's. Great stuff!

United States
    move to media section?

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnSpaulding View Post
    Most definitely NOT! But I still like you bro.
    Very much appriciated

I really dont understand how awful this bad are to you guys haha but then to be honest i guess its the same with me and HIM i cant stand Vill Valo one bit and apart from 'Love Metal' i find there music irritating.

It is true tho the english media like to promote bands in a differnt light for some strange reason.

and agreed metal hammer over kerrang anyday (and the occasional issue of Rock Sound)

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    damn straight.

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England
    I played with The Rasmus at a festival in Finland once, they were low down on the bill so i guess they were a relatively new band, i also recall that Nightwish were playing there at their first ever festival (they were VERY bad!).

The next time i seen or heard of The Rasmus was about five years later ... on the "Des and Mel" crappy afternoon show for bored mum's ... go figure!

Super Moderator

UK
    Very much agreed (well, apart from our views on HIM/The Rasmus, ), the British media/distributors really do weird things or just flood the market with as many "they're the same but different" movies/books/films/tv shows as possible to capitalise on the market - and Kerrang does likewise, then a year later they hate the band they previously loved, then as soon as they need a feature on that very band who have a new album coming out, they suddenly love them again. It's retarded.

It's also retarded that Kerrang had a spate of a few months by putting any old bit of news (no matter how small) in the mag about HIM and then advertising the magazine as seemingly having an actual article or whatever, to rake in HIM fans to buy Kerrang's sh*tbag rag.

Also - very agreed on the Rock Sound/Metal Hammer issue - those are the mags you wanna get these days, although I haven't bought one since I was at uni, now I'm all about Total Film.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Very much agreed (well, apart from our views on HIM/The Rasmus, ), the British media/distributors really do weird things or just flood the market with as many "they're the same but different" movies/books/films/tv shows as possible to capitalise on the market - and Kerrang does likewise, then a year later they hate the band they previously loved, then as soon as they need a feature on that very band who have a new album coming out, they suddenly love them again. It's retarded.
    a prime example being the red hot chilli peppers and foo fighters.