Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK fathers...

Administrator

England

OK fathers...

...how many of can't watch Finding Nemo without get a little teary eyed

It still gets me every time... Damn you Pixar for being so good!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    BWAAAHAAA!!! Sorry man.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    BWAAAHAAA!!! Sorry man.
    Hopefully you'll get it one day...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

United States
    I'm okay with Nemo, actually. But, the first time I watched the Punisher...when he actually watched his wife and child run down... No lie, I paused the movie and went upstairs to check on my kids.

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    I'm okay with Nemo, actually. But, the first time I watched the Punisher...when he actually watched his wife and child run down... No lie, I paused the movie and went upstairs to check on my kids.
    DON'T read Stephen King's the Boogeyman then
    -Carl Sagan

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah he'll have to set up some kinda home security system after that one

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Too late. And, yeah... That one hits hard!

This is an interesting subject, something I consider quite often, actually. Once you become a parent, you notice that things start to affect you differently than they did before. You can't help but, lose some of your feeling of...invulnerability (for lack of a better word). When you start adding your kids into equations, things get scary in ways they never were before.

Administrator

England
    Before I became a parent, and friends with children would say, "it changes when you have kids", I didn't really believe they had a point as I'd rate myself as a fairy compassionate persion...

But they were right...
    -Carl Sagan

ViP

United States
    I'm sorry, but what was the cry moment in Nemo? The ol' eyes remained dry, and I can be a sappy bitch when the mood strikes.

Haiti
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    Don't read "The Frolic" by Thomas Ligotti either.

Quote Originally Posted by deadpunk View Post
    Too late. And, yeah... That one hits hard!

This is an interesting subject, something I consider quite often, actually. Once you become a parent, you notice that things start to affect you differently than they did before. You can't help but, lose some of your feeling of...invulnerability (for lack of a better word). When you start adding your kids into equations, things get scary in ways they never were before.
    Yeah. watching the evening news REALLY scares the crap out of me now that I'm a father. I mean, stuff used to bother me before I became a dad but now that vague anxiety has a keener edge to it.
    Last edited by Chakobsa; 19-Nov-2006 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

capncnut
    As a father, the only thing that ever made me cry was when I found a soggy, half-eaten Cheesy Wotsit in my Xbox disc tray.

Haiti
    As a father, the only thing that ever made me cry was when I found a soggy, half-eaten Cheesy Wotsit in my Xbox disc tray.
    LOL! Found a Hotwheels car inside the video once.
    The reasoning man who scorns the prejudices of simpletons necessarily becomes the enemy of simpletons; he must expect as much, and laugh at the inevitable.
    Marquis De Sade.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Chakobsa View Post
    LOL! Found a Hotwheels car inside the video once.
    Those damn Hotwheels cars turn up EVERYWHERE! Washing machine, refridgerator, toilet, I mean the list is endless.

United States
    Those damn Hotwheels cars turn up EVERYWHERE! Washing machine, refridgerator, toilet, I mean the list is endless.
    I don't think there is a father alive that hasn't fished at least 5 things out of the toilet and said...actually stood over the bowl with his arm sopping wet and took the time to utter...

"Now, how the f*ck did that get in there?"

Last edited by deadpunk; 27-Nov-2006 at 03:18 AM. Reason: misspelled jdfhdjgfwugbdhbvhsdhr ;)

Banned User

United States
    I wish i was a parent but finding memo was an excilent flick.