Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The creepiest thing about the Romero's tetralogy...

Undisclosed

The creepiest thing about the Romero's tetralogy...

... or pentalogy, or whatever it will become in the future to come (let's hope for three more movies).

The good, the bad, the ugly, the wise, the survivor, the hero, the criminal, the mother****er... everyone is going to turn into a Living Dead, no matter what. Soon or later.

Riley and all the "good" characters who preceded him in the saga (Sarah comes to mind, or even Barbara). They are ALL doomed to become Zombies as well.

It scares the **** out of me. This is a saga where there are no winners. The pinnacle of the nihilism.
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 22-Nov-2006 at 07:25 PM.
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

United States

Maybe and maybe not.

They wouldn't become a zombie when they die if someone was there to put one between their eyes or they did it theirselves, then they wouldn't come back.

Especially if you used the new 'Dawn of the Dead' rules where if you die and you weren't bitten by one of the ghouls, you stayed dead. (Stupid.)

Dawg

Original Member Since 1998. [10 YEARS AND COUNTING!]

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I don't understand...

Barbara was taken by Johnny and the horde of zombies. She could have become a zombie, but just guessing by the amount of undead that got her....there wouldn't be enough of her left to rise again.

Sarah makes it to the island where there is supposedly very little or no dead. Her chances of becoming a zombie are very limited.

And Riley rides off to less infested areas with an armored vehicle and sh*t loads of fire power. I think he's okay...

So what exactly do you mean that they're all going to be zombies? If you're saying that all of the characters in the series are eventually doomed to die.....then yeah, I agree. But I wouldn't say that they're all going to become zombies...

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawg View Post
    They wouldn't become a zombie when they die if someone was there to put one between their eyes or they did it theirselves, then they wouldn't come back.

Especially if you used the new 'Dawn of the Dead' rules where if you die and you weren't bitten by one of the ghouls, you stayed dead. (Stupid.)

Dawg
    Skip that... ehm, "movie".

I mean, it's not really a good end being hit in the eyes, especially if you're supposed to be an honorable hero who fought evil forces in a cinematic saga

Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by bassman311 View Post

If you're saying that all of the characters in the series are eventually doomed to die.....
    That's it.
    Last edited by The Alive Man; 22-Nov-2006 at 08:21 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "I'm not one of those things, baby. I like to consider myself as a milestone. If you can, well, just see me, hear me, kiss me or even fu*k me... and you'll know what it means to be living."

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    So what exactly do you mean that they're all going to be zombies? If you're saying that all of the characters in the series are eventually doomed to die.....then yeah, I agree. But I wouldn't say that they're all going to become zombies...
    But when they die, they turn into zombies. Of course, they could get a bullet between their eyes from a good friend. But look at Roger, he wasn't shot until after he turned!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    But when they die, they turn into zombies. Of course, they could get a bullet between their eyes from a good friend. But look at Roger, he wasn't shot until after he turned!
    True....or it could be some other form of head trauma that caused their death.

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    True....or it could be some other form of head trauma that caused their death.
    Yeah... To much sun in Sarah's case.

I wonder how long it took for John and McDermott to turn 28 Days Later on her. They're only human, after all!

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilNed View Post
    Yeah... To much sun in Sarah's case.

I wonder how long it took for John and McDermott to turn 28 Days Later on her. They're only human, after all!
    Well, that was John's plan from the start.

I wonder if they ever caught any fish to eat....and where did the rods come from?

Undisclosed
    Zombie fishes?

United States
    McDermitt beats them both to death with his empty flask then dies from DTs.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

United States
    Originally Posted by bassman311

If you're saying that all of the characters in the series are eventually doomed to die.....
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Alive_Man
    That's it.
    Well, no duh. Even here in the real universe, we are all doomed to die.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly_SWAT View Post
    Well, no duh. Even here in the real universe, we are all doomed to die.
    Not for Michael Jackson, he believes that he will not die and live immortal like Peter Pan. His words!

Angola
    I think Michael Jackson already qualifies as one of the living dead. He's practically embalmed.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Yashka View Post
    I think Michael Jackson already qualifies as one of the living dead.
    Could you imagine Michael Jackson nowdays in full zombie make up? Would he actually require make up? It's funny 'cos actually he looks WORSE than when he got possessed in the Thriller video!
    Last edited by capncnut; 23-Nov-2006 at 08:24 AM.

Undisclosed
    Don't take it as offensive, but things like Michael Jackson happen only in America. Absurd.

The guy is a living dead living... undoubtely, an unique link between US and THEM.