Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Homepage of the Dead visits the set of 'Diary of the Dead'

Administrator

England

Homepage of the Dead visits the set of 'Diary of the Dead'

Lee Karr visits the set of Romero's latest living dead film 'Diary of the Dead' and reports back.

Click here for a dead good read!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Wow, great little report. Diary is shaping up good and I'm glad to hear that GAR is employing so many familiar faces. The more I read about this movie, the more convinced I am that this is gonna be his best in a long time. Can't friggin' wait!

Michael even spills a little info on a major upcoming dvd release that he has gotten the rights to, but only in the U.K. So if you are not in England and you have been wishing for a special edition for a certain beloved Romero film, get a region free dvd player soon!
    This Felsher guy, what movie has he gotten the rights to?

Super Moderator

UK
    VERY cool set report, everytime I hear more about the movie I get more excited. I'll be honest, inititally I was a bit "hmmm" about it, but it's growing on me more and more like some fetid (yet funky) disease ... that I'm looking forward to being consumed by.

A great set report there, excellent stuff, the movie sounds like it's gonna be classic GAR, the indie spirit back in full swing as it were.

And indeed, what movie will be getting the special edition treatment ... Martin? I'm scratchin' me noggin' trying to figure out which one it might be, for Region 2 to have something over on Region 1 is a bit of a shock.

ViP

United States
    think cake

Badass report by the way. Easily the best article I've read on Diary to date. Good job!

United States

Thanks

Thanks Eric for the kind words, and thank you Neil for putting the report online. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Lee

Banned User

United States
    WOW. That was an awesome report. I have not seen monroezombie post here for a while but I did chat with him a week ago. He is doing well.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by axlish View Post
    think cake
    I want it... it's mine!

United States
    Before getting started, I must mention one of the esteemed super moderators of this very site, Eric Kent (aka Axlish). Eric had contacted me a few days prior to this about directions to locations used for Land of the Dead.
    Well, are you going to post the directions to locations used for Land of the Dead, or am I going have to drag it out of you?

Super Moderator

UK
    What, There's Always Vanilla? I thought that came on the disc for Hungry Wives...

capncnut
    I thought the cake hint was a reference to 'Father's Day' from Creepshow, I could be wrong though.

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh ... hmmm ... I got the region 1 DVD of Creepshow and it is fairly barren, but I thought it might be a film that hadn't really been released, hence my thought on Vanilla, which I somehow linked to cakes. (Haven't watched Creepshow in a good while now...)

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I thought it might be a film that hadn't really been released, hence my thought on Vanilla, which I somehow linked to cakes.
    I always link my thoughts of vanilla to big phat slurpy MacDonalds milkshakes.

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I thought the cake hint was a reference to 'Father's Day' from Creepshow, I could be wrong though.

That was a great episode!

Fresh Meat

Undisclosed
    If I was a reporter on the set of DIARY OF THE DEAD, the first thing I'd be asking is "So, what do you think of the fact THE ZOMBIE DIARIES was finished before you announced your idea? Coincidence? Have you heard of it?"

Given the recent article on ABC: http://abc.net.au/news/arts/articula...1/s1795742.htm it would have been a very good question to ask, even if it were just to production staff.

You missed a great opportunity! I would love to know the answer to that question, as do the folks at JoBlo, Dread Central, Eat my brains, etc

Wasted opportunity, man!

Last edited by Neil; 08-Feb-2007 at 08:30 PM. Reason: add URL

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkid View Post
    If I was a reporter on the set of DIARY OF THE DEAD, the first thing I'd be asking is "So, what do you think of the fact THE ZOMBIE DIARIES was finished before you announced your idea? Coincidence? Have you heard of it?"

Given the recent article on ABC: abc.net.au/news/arts/articulate/200611/s1795742.htm it would have been a very good question to ask, even if it were just to production staff.

You missed a great opportunity! I would love to know the answer to that question, as do the folks at JoBlo, Dread Central, Eat my brains, etc

Wasted opportunity, man!

Yeah. George always goes around ripping off people.
    C'mon dude, I love zombie movies but they are all just a rippoff in a sense of Georges films
    So you rip off GAR and accuse him of ripping YOU off?!?!?!
    Even if that's not what you meant, it sure sounds that way.
    Fake quote from GAR
    "The Zombie what? fuggedabout it.Never heard of it. What are you some kinda wiseass?"
    I dont think he pays much attention to zombie movies.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers