Thread: Grrr! Lost? Six episodes then a 3 month break?

Administrator

England

Grrr! Lost? Six episodes then a 3 month break?

Grrrr!

Jericho is on a break too! Grrr!
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

England
    Indeed!but its a cliffhanger that episode 6!loads of people are whinging that its not going anywhere & their getting bored,but personally i think its well paced & still one of the best things on TV in a long time

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    loads of people are whinging that its not going anywhere & their getting bored...
    I'm one of them. At first it was okay but now I just wish the series would live up to it's name and get 'lost' for real!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i agree i tried to watch it but its like an m night shamalan film on overdrive, that or a soap opera with a higher budget, cus i for one find a cliff hanger at the end of each episode tedious and boring ,some closure in shows every once and a while is good, trouble is shows like threshold and invsaion got cancelled cus they couldnt compete and only jericho and the 4400 appears to be any competition for it.

i aint heard **** about hereos since the pilot aired.

Super Moderator

UK
    Oh blah blah blah, whatever Capn & Hellsing, run along and leave us Lost fans to rage our grievances out on this damned frustrating THREE MONTH break.

See, this is why some people hate America, it isn't the prez, it isn't the arrogance - it's the complete and utter lack of ability to broadcast television correctly. How on earth could anyone think it's a good idea to slot 3 months of nothing, after a mere 6 episodes, in a show where you need to see the next one straight away. The whole show is about cliffhangers - could you imagine them doing 3 months in between 24?!

Whoever shows Lost in America should friggin' learn from Fox with 24 - with season 4 and 5 (and 6 from January) they never took a week off, did a 4 episode (over 2 days) premiere, a mid-season double-ender and a season finale double bill. THAT ... is how you broadcast such a show.

And this inability to broadcast correctly is just another reason why people download these shows, time and again I've seen people saying they download the show but only watch it when it's all downloaded on their computer - or likewise wait for the DVD - so they can watch it without gaps of weeks and months.

The American broadcasting style is the most moronic thing I've seen since the typical American approach to building cars...i.e. built-to-cost junk with asthmatic engines rolling around on Vietnamese suspension that the Europeans ditched decades ago...

Don't get me wrong, I still like America and Americans ... but damn, you guys do have some flaming numpties in charge of various things over there...

Twitching

Undisclosed
    Just a heads up that channel 4 has lost the rights to show any more epsiodes of Lost. As a Star letter in Radio Times recently published they obviously feel viewers would rather watch american sitcoms which are dinosaurs from the fifties.

Super Moderator

UK
    I'm not surprised, they gave up the rights to Nip/Tuck (mind you, it made sense cos season 3 was piss poor, season 4 however picks up to normal quality mid-way through) as well, so there ya go.

Also - Sky One showing Lost, what's the point starting it now, they're just going to have to wait 3 months anyway, it's retarded. Start it up in January - which is when 24 is coming back, another show that Sky One have the rights to (BBC2 used to have them for season 1 and 2 and then dropped the ball).

american sitcoms which are dinosaurs from the fifties
    eh?

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post

eh?

he's right american sitcoms are now paradies of themselves just one note sex jokes and innuendo beny hill would find lame, with only a few exceptions like scrubs and my name is earl.

Kazakhstan
    lost is a load of arbitrary bollocks man, people speculate on what it'll all ultimately be about, why bother? even the writers don't know yet...

Super Moderator

UK
    Lost rocks, I'm not into all the references to literature and mythology bollocks, I just enjoy the ride and don't speculate about what it's "all about". I just like the show and think it rocks.

My Name Is Earl and Scrubs are excellent. I also like Two And A Half Men, it's a fun show. You can see the jokes a mile off, but some of the innuendo is quite surprising - in America where a nipple turns into a national tragedy, I'm surprised the writers get away with some of the innuendo in 2.5 Dudes.

Undisclosed
    Lost is amazing but was it me or did series 3 only get interesting in the last 2 episodes? The rest was just sort of <meh>

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"