Thread: Watched Slither tonight.

United States

Watched Slither tonight.

It was corny but enjoyable. Was this supposed to be a remake or was it just a ripoff of night of the creeps?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0091630/

Plot Outline: Alien brain parasites, entering humans through the mouth, turn their host into a killing zombie. Some teenagers start to fight against them.
    I know youd rather see me gone,Than to see me the way that I am. But I am in the life anyway.

capncnut
    Night Of The Creeps is a classic movie!

Undisclosed
    I know this aint a zombie movie but is there a TYPE of zombie in it at all?

"I dont know whats better getting laid or getting paid, I just
    know that when I get one the others getting away!"

Super Moderator

UK
    Slither was enjoyable, but it was far, far, faaaaarrrr from original. Night of the Creeps and Shivers being the main points of interest for James Gunn & co to rip off - the bath scene being the main gripe for me, Cronenburg did that 30-frickin'-years-ago!!!

It was a daft kind of movie, but at least it wasn't a remake (despite being rather derivative), so it was okay ... nothing special, moments of laughs and the odd smattering of fun, but I don't think it's worthy of a DVD purchase. It just feels too teenager-pandering and too MTV friendly and too Hollywood, too polished and slick...

Banned User

United States
    Well it seemed like a remake of the night of the creeps. I do consider slither a zombie flick in a sorts or a zombie like flick. The people were walking dead i assume but the big difference they were controlled like a puppet.
    I thought it was a funny movie dispite it was a rip off of other movies.

Super Moderator

UK
    Zombies? Hmmm ... I never really thought it was a zombie movie, a mutant movie more like - e.g. Michael Rooker's character. It's all aliens, at best the victims of the slithering bug things are figurative zombies - possessed, controlled by an alien being...can't remember the movie all that well, didn't leave an impression, but if they die after the alien being has evacuated the body and said body remains dead, it still doesn't mean zombies.

At best, they're figurative zombies.

Administrator

England
    I quite enjoyed it... I'll go out of my way to see anything with Nathan Fillion in
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Banned User

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    I quite enjoyed it... I'll go out of my way to see anything with Nathan Fillion in
    You have good taste. Something about Slither you just have to love. It is almost so silly its genius.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    Slither was enjoyable, but it was far, far, faaaaarrrr from original. Night of the Creeps and Shivers being the main points of interest for James Gunn & co to rip off - the bath scene being the main gripe for me, Cronenburg did that 30-frickin'-years-ago!!!

It was a daft kind of movie, but at least it wasn't a remake (despite being rather derivative), so it was okay ... nothing special, moments of laughs and the odd smattering of fun, but I don't think it's worthy of a DVD purchase. It just feels too teenager-pandering and too MTV friendly and too Hollywood, too polished and slick...

Totally agree

I thought I read where GUNN had suggested that he had never seen Night of the Ceeps; bull****e

Total rip off and Creeps was better !