Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Night Of The Living Dead '07 Trailer

Undisclosed

Final Night Of The Living Dead '07 Trailer

Here it is, look for an indie straight to DVD release in late February early March.

WATCH HERE

capncnut
    Yeah man, nice vibes, loving it!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    nice to see you didnt resort to using metal as the soundtrack like loads of others have.
    but are you going origional or like night with the cuase that the dead are just rising or are you going down that "its a virus" storyline, ucs thats okay but its been done to death and it allways involves a major cliche' i call the "someone gets bitten then turns into a zombie behind someones back scene" and that kinda cheapens a zombie film i think.

Undisclosed
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    nice to see you didnt resort to using metal as the soundtrack like loads of others have.
    but are you going origional or like night with the cuase that the dead are just rising or are you going down that "its a virus" storyline, ucs thats okay but its been done to death and it allways involves a major cliche' i call the "someone gets bitten then turns into a zombie behind someones back scene" and that kinda cheapens a zombie film i think.
    oh i'm going all original, the venus probe in space that had to be destroyed leaking the radiation. Thus bringing the recently dead back to life!

United States
    The "film stock" (I know its video, lack of better term) looks really good and, imo, better than the average indie Lo budg genre flick. The acting looks really good too. Not amateur ish at all. You have some really nice shots, like the sky shot before the guy kneels by the grave, Very Romeroesque and has a nice texture.
    The music is cool and I think the sound recording is excellent. None of that cavernous reverby crap. Tight and crispy. There were some clicks (like at the end of the phone scene) that may be Youtube traffic or compression artifacts, but to me it sounds like when you made the cuts you didnt fade the ends to a zero point. When you are up in a project for many hours you can stop noticing that stuff. If thats the sound for the whole film (not the clicks, the general quality) you did a fine job.
    to me , other than flat acting, crap sound is the downfall of many a low budg film. See Dead MEn Walking? Its a zombie film set in a prison and it's all reverby. close unidirectional boom would've cleared that up. What type of audio set up are you using(Mics etc)?

Hey, 900 posts!
    Last edited by coma; 22-Dec-2006 at 05:08 AM. Reason: Millions of typos
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    We just use an everyday standard Rode video mic. Its nothing to fancy, I don't know all the technical know how about it, except that it works like a charm. Not to mention we take most of the scenes after they are done being edited, throw them into garage band on a mac, and clean up a lot of the audio.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Hey dude,

I checked out your trailer last night and I want to make a few comments for you, nothing personal just things I felt seemed off...

Your first two trailers had me very interested in the film. They revealed enough to grab my attention and had a great momentum. Plain and simple... THEY ROCKED.

The current trailer seems to cheapen your effot and I will tell you where it went wrong for me. The newscaster report scenes are too bright, and need serious de-interlacing, and the actor playing the newscaster isn't convinceable enough to carry the role.

I know you probably have this pretty much in the bag, but you should re-consider shooting those scenes and maybe find someone at the local colleges studying broadcasting and use them as the news reporter. In the trailer that little snippet took the level of wanting to see the film down to almost zero for me.

Maybe your export of the clip doesn't give the scene justice, but it really gave me a let down feeling.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Undisclosed
    well that newscaster stuff was only shot for the trailer, we dont have anything done in the green screen department yet(we start that next week ), so fear not...thats not in the movie.

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Awesome man... I was worried there for a second.

I do want to see this film, and you know I really loved the last 45 minutes of escalation. Hopefully NOTLD07 turns out the same.
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    too be fair wether you dont like it or not its his movie so if people tell him what to change or take out it wont be his own anymore.

United States
    too be fair wether you dont like it or not its his movie so if people tell him what to change or take out it wont be his own anymore.
    What makes it his is the decision to follow the advice and suggestions.
    If you respect somebody's work or opinon you at least consider it.
    you dont improve in a bubble.

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i reckon george lucas would argue on that point

United States
    i reckon george lucas would argue on that point
    Well, he owns a whole valley and is surround by syncophants.
    Case proven and closed.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Undisclosed
    i take all these comments to heart, they find their ways into the movie, so fear not. Its a cool little movie, definatley not like the original in anyway(okay well it obviously is a little bit), but still many playful nods to it.
    Last edited by livingdeadboy; 23-Dec-2006 at 03:37 AM.

Super Moderator

UK
    Sweet trailer there man, it's looking excellent.

I still really love the shutter-speed shaky footage (gonna try it out myself in IAZM2 for a couple of shots) and again, the shot of all the arms and hands clamouring at the wall/window/door (not sure what it was, hehe).

Very cool stuff.