Rocky Balboa #1 at US Box office

http://boxofficemojo.com/

Whooda thunk it?

Thoughts anyone?
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    with the amount of remakes/turds out there no. i aint surprised one bit, looks like mgms finally making some movies again and not just cash cows.

Banned User

United States
    Well I did not realize it was out already but I hear it had excillent reviews.

Banned User

Undisclosed
    I saw it last night and I thought it was a very moving story.

capncnut
    I am DYING to see this flick! Say, can you describe it to me without giving spoilers? I mean, how does it sit with the original 5? Is it worthy?

United States
    On aint it cool news Sly does a VERY long and detailed multi part question and answer with memebers of the site. Its really great. He's super nice guy and different than you would think, very Smart and funny. You have to check that out. I have never seen anything like it.
    George should do that, dammit.
    Up, Up and Away! ARRRRRGHGGGH

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

pissing in your Kool-Aid DjfunkmasterG's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    I am DYING to see this flick! Say, can you describe it to me without giving spoilers? I mean, how does it sit with the original 5? Is it worthy?

Let me just say, it is as good as and ranks up there with the original and part 2. It blows 3, 4 & 5 out of the water
    ALWAYS BET ON DEAD!
    Official member of the "ZOMBIE MAN" Fan Club Est. 2007 *FOUNDING MEMBER*

Administrator

England
    I was so skeptical about this film, but seems - from what I've read - to good!

Now, I wonder what the next Rambo film will be like
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

capncnut
    Heck, Rambo IV? Yeah, why not!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    i dunno a vietnam action film might not be too popular nowadays, people are a lot more anti-war on the whole, and i dont think it'd do as well now as it did way back when.
    though in retrospect now people want war films that allways,ALLWAYS includes a guy getting shot, coughing up blood and dying in his freinds arms whilst saying "guess ill never get to (insert generic comment here)".

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    i dunno a vietnam action film might not be too popular nowadays, people are a lot more anti-war on the whole, and i dont think it'd do as well now as it did way back when.
    though in retrospect now people want war films that allways,ALLWAYS includes a guy getting shot, coughing up blood and dying in his freinds arms whilst saying "guess ill never get to (insert generic comment here)".
    Its in Burma and Thailand, not Vietnam dude.

"It's better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done. By the way, if you see your Mother, tell her I said...
    Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

Zombie Flesh Eater

Undisclosed
    Vietnam actionfilms were never popular in a patriotic sense. Infact, you'd be hard pressed to find a single Vietnam war movie that glorifies the US war effort. There is one film with John Wayne in it called the Green Berets, and that's it.

Otherwise, Vietnam flicks have always been anti-war and criticizing it.

Rambo I wasn't about the Vietnam war in itself, but it's pretty much a melodramatic film with action in it about the survivors of the war and how they were treated by America when they returned to the country alot of them had been forced to fight for.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    really?, well its been like a decade since i saw it so i guess i can be a bit off, and yeah green beres is on channel 5 over here every other week.

United States
    really?, well its been like a decade since i saw it so i guess i can be a bit off, and yeah green beres is on channel 5 over here every other week.
    Green Berets sucks even as a curiosity. Ol John Wayne, the Ultra Patriotic draft dodger. Oh the irony. Its wierd how its a WWII movies but wth sappers. And when it came out people already knew what Nam looked like and the kind of war it was. The location was pine trees etc, not even close to a jungle

First Blood was in Kentucky or the pacific Northwest or something. I forget. The only one in a forieign land was III, that was Afghanistan.

Satan, Satan, Satan!"
    -The Butthole Surfers

capncnut
    First Blood? *gets the remake shivers*