Administrator

England

Exclamation Silent Hill 2 Confirmed

Click Me

opinions?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Ya know, I really liked the first Silent Hill movie. I wouldn't mind seeing a second.

I thought the visuals and camera work were just simply amazing.

Seeing it in theatres was pretty intense when the sirens started and everything went black.

Undisclosed
    Yeah, Silent Hill is prolly the best Video Game to Film adaptation yet in my opinion.

Administrator

England
    I'd be up for another...
    Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam. [click for more]
    -Carl Sagan

Super Moderator

UK
    Yeh why not, sign me up too.

I thought Doom was alright, but being an alright flick amongst a bunch of "also rans" isn't exactly a high accolade.

Silent Hill was pretty decent. It was beautifully shot and had some great effects and was pretty f*cked up at times, and it was actually kinda scary/creepy.

I'd like for them to speed proceedings up a bit and provide a bit more plot. To me, the first film just felt a bit too much like "bunch of people walk around a lot of creepy locations and run away from spooky goings on". So if they dial that down, then it'll be much better.

The sickest bit for me was the body in the toilet cubicle all razor-wired up, yeesh that was grim...

Still though ... the Doom movie had that awesome FPS sequence.

capncnut
    Let's all hope it's about James Sunderland and not a continuation of Rose's story. Silent Hill 2 was my favourite in the series.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by MinionZombie View Post
    I thought Doom was alright

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Let's all hope it's about James Sunderland and not a continuation of Rose's story. Silent Hill 2 was my favourite in the series.
    Agree'd! That was probably the scariest game I've ever played in my entire life.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by MikePizzoff View Post
    Agree'd! That was probably the scariest game I've ever played in my entire life.
    Damn straight. Everything from the level design down to the story and music, a very classy experience.

If the film bosses do this one some justice, imagine how certain aspects of the videogame will appear on the big screen. Angela and the Abstract Daddy, Maria's 'death' at the hands of the Red Pyramid, the moment James realises he murdered his own wife etc. *rubs hands* Yes indeedy.

I thought Doom was alright, but being an alright flick amongst a bunch of "also rans" isn't exactly a high accolade.
    Other than the 10 minute FPS sequence, Doom was a worthless pile of s**t. Bring me the head of Boll!
    Last edited by capncnut; 02-Jan-2007 at 11:20 AM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    Damn straight. Everything from the level design down to the story and music, a very classy experience.

If the film bosses do this one some justice, imagine how certain aspects of the videogame will appear on the big screen. Angela and the Abstract Daddy, Maria's 'death' at the hands of the Red Pyramid, the moment James realises he murdered his own wife etc. *rubs hands* Yes indeedy.
    way to go man, give that whole plot away!

aye it was an okay film, but speaking as a big silent hill fanboy i hated the last part it went all "hellraiser" on our collective asses, and that was for one reason the director, a fan of the games, chose a writer who hadnt even heard of the series, and from my regular visits to the silent hill forum let me tell you if the guy screws up a silent hill 2 adaption he'll be a bigger laughing stock than uwe boll.

United States
    I thought Doom was alright, but being an alright flick amongst a bunch of "also rans" isn't exactly a high accolade
    Yea, it was alright considering they DIDN'T make The Rock the hero, and like you said the FPS sequence...

But I have one major problem: Why the **** did they change the storyline?

I mean, how is the gate to hell being opened and demons coming pouring out to wreak havoc upon the Phobos and Deimos moon bases and then Earth NOT a good storyline? Why would they change it to the cliched "ancient advanced civilization becoming too advanced for their own good" thing?

It just kills me.

But back on topic, I liked the first one, the hopelessness of it was nice and the bittersweet ending that could have gone either way, ended right there or had a sequel. I look forward to see what this one's gonna be like.

I also noticed in that article they're doing an Alice movie, that could be good too, especially considering Uwe Boll is nowhere to be seen on the info... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466663/

"You bitchass zombie mother****er, I swear to God I'll **** you up"

Official member of the Zombie Man Fan Club est. 2007

Administrator

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Maitreya View Post
    But I have one major problem: Why the **** did they change the storyline?

I mean, how is the gate to hell being opened and demons coming pouring out to wreak havoc upon the Phobos and Deimos moon bases and then Earth NOT a good storyline? Why would they change it to the cliched "ancient advanced civilization becoming too advanced for their own good" thing?

It just kills me.
    i head about that a long time ago, it was some sort of legal issue, they weren't allowed to use the hell and demons bit.

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    yeah dont you hate how certain 'rules' for tv shows and movies just screw things up?

through another dimension bassman's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I never saw the first "Silent Hill", but I've heard good things. I saw a commercial a few days ago saying that it's playing on the tube soon. I might have to check it out.

capncnut
    Quote Originally Posted by hellsing View Post
    way to go man, give that whole plot away!
    No fear of that Hellz, it's not even due until Q2-3 of 2009!

Just read that they are possibly moulding the second story around Sean Bean's character. He will get a letter from Rose in the mail saying she wants to meet him in that 'special place'. Nothing official though.

If that's true, I'm not sure what to think about it.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    No fear of that Hellz, it's not even due until Q2-3 of 2009!

Just read that they are possibly moulding the second story around Sean Bean's character. He will get a letter from Rose in the mail saying she wants to meet him in that 'special place'. Nothing official though.

If that's true, I'm not sure what to think about it.
    Well that's how James ends up in Silent Hill (2). So perhaps they'll follow SH2 but just use the Christopher character in place of James?