Thread: Xbox 360 'Fun Box' commercial

United States

Question Xbox 360 'Fun Box' commercial

WTF is up with the new ad campaign for the Xbox?

This middle aged lady walks in with an Xbox 'fun box' which consists of a dozen new Xbox 360 titles shrink wrapped as a boxed set. A young kid, a teenage asian, and a black adult tear it open and go wild over the games.

After the ad was on for a week, it shows the caption 'Fun Box is a fictional product, not for sale.'

Why would Microsoft green light a commercial for a boxed set product that doesn't exist? What were they thinking?

Inverting The Cross MikePizzoff's Avatar
    Zombie Flesh Eater

United States
    I haven't seen this but that is a little strange. I assume they're being sneaky. A lot of people will miss the caption and be like "wow, thats a good package!" then run out to the game store. They get to the game store and find out that package doesn't exist but then think "Hell, I already had enough cash to get that package... I might as well just buy a XBOX360 and a couple games anyway."

Fiji
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter

This middle aged lady walks in with an Xbox 'fun box' which consists of a dozen new Xbox 360 titles shrink wrapped as a boxed set. A young kid, a teenage asian, and a black adult tear it open and go wild over the games.

After the ad was on for a week, it shows the caption 'Fun Box is a fictional product, not for sale.'

Why would Microsoft green light a commercial for a boxed set product that doesn't exist? What were they thinking?

they're being odd, and promoting their new "hit games". that's about it.

alternatively it could be a cunning tie in to the 360 bundles. someone would go into a game stoe ask about the "fun pack" and then be pitched the "new" xbox360 combo package.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyebiter

It's not even Xbox 360 titles, it is platinum hits for the Xbox! It is a dumb commercial that I can see them being sued over because some dumb a$$ cant read the warning.
    Check out my dvd collection @ http://jonas190.dvdaf.com/owned

My Gamertag is reculse189

Join me on Kongregate, its a cool game site
    http://www.kongregate.com?referrer=Jonas190