Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Day of the Dead : Special Edition 2 Disc DVD released today (27th Mar)

Harvester Of Sorrow Deadman_Deluxe's Avatar
    ViP

England

Day of the Dead : Special Edition 2 Disc DVD released today (27th Mar)

That's according to this week's copy of NUTS anyways ... nice cover art, though notably features the soon to to be synonomous and stereotypical "black hands clawing at white space" image which will no doubt soon eclipse the "hand stretching out from beneath a gravestone" image.

# Exclusive audio commentary from Special FX team Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger, Everett Burrell and Mike Deak
    # 'The Many Days Of The Dead' documentary (38 mins)
    # 'Day Of The Dead: Behind The Scenes' featurette (20 mins)
    # Filmographies for George A. Romero and Tom Savini
    # Photo galleries
    # Original theatrical trailers for Night Of The Living Dead, Dawn Of The Dead and Day Of The Dead

United States
    Released in the UK, you mean? or is this another 2-disc SE version of Day? I already have that same thing and have had it for quite some time. Very worth picking up if any of you don't have it.
    In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.

Banned User

United States
    Actually, that cover looks an awful lot like just a retread of the main menu screen for the Dawn 04 dvd....what with the hands 'n stuff...but in a different color.

Looks like GAR pimp squad is just copying off the firm of Snyder and Gunn!

United States
    Damn you're right! Now that you mention it it looks JUST like that. I just watched Dawn '04 today and remember that scene explicitly; it was on the TV for like 30 minutes while I talked to my GF.

Banned User

United States
    This was from the original ad...

Looks like ol' moss back George is just riding on Zack's coattails, now!

United States

As a matter of fact...

Meh, beat me to it.

Same pic.

United States

Hey, Deadman....

Just wondering...what's with the semi-naked soldier avatar?
    Now, if you want to have a good time and you need some p@*$y...you can cut that chicken's head off...

ViP

England
    Well i thought it was pretty obvious which movie the artwork looked like it was "inspired by" ... but thanks for pointing it out in graphic detail AND words

But i think GAR is more than entitled to "borrow" a single image considering snyder "borrowed" GAR's entire movie, if only by title.

Banned User

United States
    But i think GAR is more than entitled to "borrow" a single image considering snyder "borrowed" GAR's entire movie, if only by title.
    Maybe so...but why should GAR have to?

United States

I like the US cover art

Has Bub and lots of zombies. Much better than a couple of shadowy hands behind some glass in my opinion.

United States

No problem...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman_Deluxe
    Well i thought it was pretty obvious which movie the artwork looked like it was "inspired by" ... but thanks for pointing it out in graphic detail AND words

I'm always there for you when you need someone to give you grief!
    P.S. Cradle of Filth kicks arse!
    Now, if you want to have a good time and you need some p@*$y...you can cut that chicken's head off...

ViP

England
    Quote Originally Posted by Svengoolie
    Maybe so...but why should GAR have to?

Well i dont think he does. In all likelyhood GAR probably had nothing to do with the choice of cover art at all. I imagine it was down to some young apprentice goon in the art department of wankor bay or something ... who knows.

I like the imagery myself, but it is a pretty cheap set up (three to four people and a glass window = $0.00) and has already been used in a LOT of advertising for various movies lately when it SHOULD have been left with the people who do NOT have the multi million dollar budget in favour of something a bit more striking or original perhaps?

Banned User

United States
    I like the imagery myself, but it is a pretty cheap set up (three to four people and a glass window = $0.00) and has already been used in a LOT of advertising for various movies lately when it SHOULD have been left with the people who do NOT have the multi million dollar budget in favour of something a bit more striking or original perhaps?
    Nah.

And none of that changes the fact that it's still nothing more than a knock-off of something already used for the remake.

Having a million and one reasons for why the ad was ripped off doesn't change the fact that the ad was ripped off.

But, that's life....

Being Attacked

Undisclosed

OK this is where I ment to post my other reply

Not to spoil anyones fun here but what is it with the dvd re-releases? I know they ar jnust trying to make money and all but why does it seem they keep re-releasing DVD's with more and more stuff on them? Its like This month the release the regular version...2 months later its the ultra version...2 months later its the super duper delux version...ARG! Why not just sell the extra stuff on its on DVD so people that have the movie and don't want to own 3-4 copies of it can get the stuff.

Second...what the difference of this one from the 2 disk version I have now I wonder? Mine is the one with Bub's face on the front flap that velcrows down.