Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Okay (here goes)... Anybody here like Sienfeld?

United States

Okay (here goes)... Anybody here like Sienfeld?

...(looks around carefully for flying tomato)... Please share some of your favorite lines, moments, or episodes...
    I agree that this might start a debate over Mr Richards (stupid) messed up diatribe...Still, I would be interested if anybody likes this show.
    While it was on, I taped just about all of them , I have missed only one episode... George thinks there is a fire in the house of a kids b-day party, & screams, running out pushing all the kids and moms out of the way.
    I have certainly enjoyed Larry Davids "Curb Your Enthusiasm" very much.
    You have to admit, 'Yada Yada Yada' is something that caught on very effectively.
    I enjoy British humour as well . Faulty Towers, Python, Are you being Served?
    Eddie Izzard is friggin brilliant.
    ' Red Dwarf ' was a very good sci-fi comedy that was on PBS in the states.
    So , anybody like the "Sien"?
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

Undisclosed
    Close Talker...

"You are sooooo good looking"....instead of "God bless you" when someone sneezes.....
    Ive said that after people sneeze....and they look at me like Im a crazy person....and I think "hmmm damnit! maybe they didnt see that episode of Seinfield"

Only probelm is Ive seen the show so much I can only stand to watch it in various stages of intoxication....because its like new again then

There is no target consumer! Only targets. Targets that will tremble as their new master hands down edicts in my glorious booming voice!

United States
    ah seinfeld I spent a good amount of hours stoned watching that...I dont remember though

Undisclosed
    seinfield is so much better when watched under the influence...

United States
    *throws a tomato at DVW5150*

I never watched the show religiously, but I have seen a few episodes. I don't get what the big deal was about that show...? Must've gone over my head or I just don't like shows about "nothing".

capncnut
    Seinfeld is okay but that bassline gets on my tits. I'm more of a Larry Sanders man, Rip Torn is the shiznit!

Zombie Flesh Eater

UK
    what they said, never my cup of tea, i was more of a frasier man myself.

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by LouCipherr View Post
    *throws a tomato at DVW5150*

I never watched the show religiously, but I have seen a few episodes. I don't get what the big deal was about that show...? Must've gone over my head or I just don't like shows about "nothing".
    *Catches it* "Thanks Lou, nice steak tomato for my liverwurst 'sammitch! ...
    Did you wash it for me? Because chemicals & bacteria are nasty, the FDA says.
    There is one where Kramer puts a garbage disposal in his shower so he can make food/salad while bathing...
    Kramer shaving with butter?
    I keep my religion to myself, not that theres anything wrong with that.
    See? ... at least you know it was show about nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by CapnKnut View Post
    Seinfeld is okay but that bassline gets on my tits. I'm more of a Larry Sanders man, Rip Torn is the shiznit!
    That bass in the 'Sien theme is done on keyboard... I know its abit odd...Larry Sanders really gets me laughing...Rip is funny as hell.
    Last edited by DVW5150; 03-May-2007 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Goodbye , I am gone."

United States

Seinfeld rocks... speaking of yadda yadda yadda

The yada episode was one of my personal favorites when Jerry asks Elaine if she ever yada-yada'd with sex and she was like yeah I went out to dinner with a guy, I had the lobster bisque, yada yada I never heard from him again. And Jerry was like you skipped over the best part (that being the sex). And she was like no I mentioned the bisque....

I thought it was a great show for every day people especially the way they tried to tie whats going on in the news every day to whats happening on the show. Like the episode on abortion... with Poppy and the pizzas and Kramer is making his own pie and tossing in a few cucumbers and Poppys like you can't do that and it tied into a whole discussion on when is a fetus a baby and then Elaine finds the perfect man but he's pro-life so she can't date him. It was a great show that was extremely well done.

Frasier is good too but I think it caters to educated people more than most people as not everyone would get the great deal of jokes in the show. With Seinfeld you'd have to be an idiot not to get it.
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    Seinfeld is one of the all time great sitcoms; too many funny ones to remember !

The Bubble Boy
    The Chinese Restuarant
    The PArking Garage
    The Junior Mint
    The Contest (Master of your domain!)
    The Hamptons

.. too many. All great. Except for that pathetic last one.

United States

'its like you're almost glad being in a wheelchair'

that has to be one of the best and most offending lines from Seinfeld when the gang parks in a handicapped spot at the mall and end up buying a handicapped lady in a wheel chair a used one and of course... tragedy happens but that was the best line ever omg
    You smell that? That's the smell of spring, and I love it. You know what I love to do in spring? I love to come out into the woods, to walk amongst the budding trees, to smell and taste the hint of renewal that hovers in the air like a heady perfume, and to listen to the song of the birds who have returned from their long sojourn south. And bury the people I killed during the winter...

http://media.movies.ign.com/media/84...d_1882969.html

United States
    Quote Originally Posted by DVW5150 View Post
    *Catches it* "Thanks Lou, nice steak tomato for my liverwurst 'sammitch! ...Did you wash it for me? Because chemicals & bacteria are nasty, the FDA says.

I work for a biopharmaceutical manufacturing company in their quality assurance department, so believe me, all FDA regulations have been followed prior to delivering said product to the end user/patient.

With Seinfeld you'd have to be an idiot not to get it.
    Hence, the reason why I never really watched it. I'm into 'smart' humor - not humor you have to be smart to enjoy, but humor delivered in an intelligent way, not just handed to you on a silver platter. I may get smacked for saying this, but the Brits are the best at that kinda humor.
    Last edited by LouCipherr; 07-May-2007 at 07:20 PM.

Zombie Flesh Eater

United States

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by fartpants View Post
    seinfield is so much better when watched under the influence...
    Truer words have never been spoken.

-These preztles are making me thirsty
    -Kramer gets addicted to kenny roger's chicken
    -The soup Nazi
    -The puffy shirt

United States
    - JFK's golfclubs
    - Sponge worthy
    - Kramer and the highway pothole

Beware the beast, man, for he is the Devil's pawn. Alone among God's primates, he kills for sport or lust or greed. Yea, he will murder his brother to possess his brother's land. Let him not breed in great numbers, for he will make a desert of his home and yours. Shun him, drive him back into his jungle lair, for he is the harbinger of death.
    - 23rd Sacred Scroll, 6th verse

Undisclosed
    Yes, I like seinfeld, it was funny!